Overall Review

March 29th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Excellent Doctor, office staff and nurses. No waiting time at all, your scheduled appointment time is the time you get called in to see the doctor. Dr. Kaufman was very pleasant and spent a lot of time discussing my medical history. Doctor Kaufman spoke to me and not at me when discussing his medical plan for me. The staff called when my blood tests came in to let me know the results. My other doctors never call me and advise me to check out my results on their website. I highly recommend this medical group!

September 11th, 2015
The Most Rude Staff!!
The staff, particularly the front desk staff is extremely rude and inappropriate. Would NEVER go back!!!!

February 6th, 2015
Best dr. & staff around!
Dr. Kaufman & his staff are incredible. The care is the absolute best & there is none of the usual dr.'s office garbage!

June 3rd, 2013
Excellent doctor
An extremely competent, compassionate doctor!

April 24th, 2013
Stay away from this doctor. He overlooked a kidney condition I have. When questioned he got overly defensive and had his office staff call me nonstop all day. He has a nasty temper. I had to place a quality of care complaint to my insurance company.

May 24th, 2012
Only thing I can say is that, if not for Dr. Kaufman, I would be dead today. Enough said.

May 9th, 2012
Charles Mirabella
I travel 40 miles for my visit.There are many physicians in Manhattan and my travel time would be much less.When you find a superior doctor as Dr Kaufman there is no reason for me to seek medical attention elsewhere.

January 29th, 2012
Great Doctor, and office staff. No waiting time at all. Dr. Kaufman spent a lot of time discussing my medical history, and one of the few Doctors who actually look at you when you are talking to him. The staff calls when the blood tests come in to let you know if they are fine or not. My other Nephrologist never called to give me the heads up on the resultsI highly recommend this Doctor.

August 25th, 2011
Lucky to have found Dr. Kaufman and staff
You will not find a more knowledgable nephrologist anywhere in Suffolk County. In addition to the fact that he is an excellent physician, especially where renal and/or blood pressure problems issues are present, he is also very kind, and always willing to explain your condition and treatment options to you in terms you can understand. There is usually no wait at all in his office. The most I've ever waitied was 5 minutes and that was being squeezed in for an emergency appointment. He is very prompt, and expects you to be as well. Unlike any other doctor I've experienced, Dr. Kaufman takes your financial situation into consideration when necessary. I was equally impressed with his associate, Dr. Zhu. There is one other doctor there, but I have not seen him so I can't comment. As for the staff, Colleen is sometimes a little curt, but nice, and the rest of the staff-Linda, Lisa and Mary- treat you like an old friend. They're all very welcoming and helpful. I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Kaufman and his staff. When you need them, they are there...always reachable, any time of day or night or weekends...and they know what to do to help their patients. Much thanks to all of you if you happen to read this review...and to everyone else: I highly recommended Dr. Kaufman, and I would not give this recommendation to anyone who didn't deserve it.

May 22nd, 2011
Fantastic Physician
Dr. Kaufman is a wonderful physician who explains your medical diagnosis/plan of care in a way that it is very clear and easy to understand. He is very knowledgable and caring. The office staff is also wonderful and the wait time is less than 5 minutes.

April 16th, 2011
I have been under Dr. Kaufman's care for over 12 years. He is a caring and humane Dr.

November 6th, 2010
lawyer
This Doctor and the other Doctors that worked there, were not that good at all. I was told that they were the the best, but not true at all. The doctor was in a hurry and did not really talk to me at all, not professional. Also his Office staff, and Nurses were not nice at all. They were all very nasty.Only Plus was a clean office.