Dr. Darren Lackan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 20th, 2016
Dr. Laikin, after my 2nd visit was able to tell me more than my primary physicians had been able to tell me in over 10 years. He is truly a good and kind doctor and he really seems to care.

June 2nd, 2015
Dr. Lacken is an ok Doctor. His staff is terrible. They never return phone calls. I am a thyroid cancer patient and have had so much trouble getting phone calls from the staff. I think it is ridiculous that you yourself cant not leave a voice message with the MA, LVN or Nurse, you have to give message to front desk, then it is up to the front desk to get the message to the MA, LVN or the Nurse.

May 14th, 2015
He treats me as a partner. He takes time to fully explain everything and calm my fears. I'm a thyroid cancer patient. My PCP said he is one of the best and as usual my PCP was right. Dr. Lackan is going to be straight forward with you about what is going on. I'm glad I have him on my team.

July 19th, 2013
DTC is to big
Dr. Lackan is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. However, dealing with the administrative staff or trying to get a message to the Dr. is a nightmare. As other posts have mentioned getting lab results back, prescription refills, or having to rely on the office to send anything to a 3rd party has now reached a point where it's predictably bad. I don't think it's intentional, but it seems there are just too many patients and requests for them to keep up with. I've been a patient for years and when the office was smaller, it was much easier to deal with. Time to find a new endo...

June 28th, 2013
Return call from office staff unacceptable
Office staff was rude and uncaring , need to be educated in saying they don't accept insurance without hurting people . The patients calling your office are sick and scared . There are ways of talking to people without upsetting them , perhaps referring them to someone who can help them . Won't be using you . The one star on here was required .

May 12th, 2013
Long time patient
Dr. LACKAN IS A GREAT DOCTOR, HE WILL TAKE TIME WITH YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE TO CALL WITH A PROBLEM IT TAKES 3 TO 4 DAYS BEFORE YOU HEAR BACK AND THAT WORRIES ME

January 22nd, 2013
Retired
Extreemly bad phone system with long delays while waiting for an "agent". Did not prescribe any medication after removal of cancerous Thyroid. I had to ask about it Around (4) weeks after surgery. By this time my TSH was way out of kilter and felt awful. Now it's been (10) months and the TSH is still too high.

August 21st, 2012
My thyroid Dr retired after many years. I thought I would have to go to several others before locating one I felt I could rely on and trust. My first impression of Dr Lackan's office was great. Every person I came in contact with was exactly what I would hope for, but not expect. Dr Darren Lackan's personality is patient, he explained in detail without rushing me what was going on and what he suggested. I was concerned and anxious my first two appointments, but after each one, I became totally at ease. After more appointments I now have total confidence in Dr Lackan and his staff. I certainly would recommend him. I understand why he and the other doctors in his office were voted best doctors in Fort Worth Texas for several years.

May 17th, 2012
Awesome Doctor
I was referred to Dr.Lackan by my oncologist. Could never thank my other Dr. enought for referring me to Dr.Lackan. As soon as I met Dr.Lackan he explained everything that was going on just by looking at my paperwork without even me knowing him. He did lab work, and send me off for test before he left for vacation. He wanted to make sure I was ok before he left. He treated me for my thyroud cancer and he never gave up on me. He wanted to make sure I didn't have nothing left or any thyroid cancer left behind. First I can't thank God,I do beleive things happen for a reason and I beleive there was a reason why I was referred to him. I am very happy to be a patient of his and a true blessing. He is so compassionate, caring, understanding and his staff is so nice. I recommend him to anyone who has thyroid problems. He's the best.

October 19th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Lackan is very caring and knows how to treat people. His bedside manner is very personal. I would recommend him to anyone.

April 8th, 2011
While I believe that Dr. Lackan is and excellent doctor, I have had multiple problems with his staff. They have ordered the wrong labwork multiple times and I constantly have problems getting refills if my prescription runs out before my next visit. They always claim that they do not receive the fax from the pharmacy, even if I have a confirmation. It is hard to get a live person on the phone, and if you leave a message after hours for prescriptions, the say they will charge $25.00. Dr. Lackan makes excuses for these issues.

January 13th, 2011
Dr. Lackan has been there since Day One, when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the age of 18. Thanks to him and his team, I am cancer free. I have been a patient of his for almost 4 years.He is very professional but is also very caring and considerate. I would highly recommend Dr. Lackan and his team to anyone!