Darren J McDow MD Patient Reviews

January 25th, 2016
Wonderful compassionate doctor.

September 24th, 2013
Long waiting on all of my 3 visits
The doctor is ok( also depend on the car) but the rest is a joke! I got 3 appointments none of them was on time or at least with th waiting of 30 min max. My very first time I had to wait 1 hour, my second time , which was an orrible experience, I had to wait 2 hours and half with a flu/ fever ( I lf I would known that I would wait that much I could spend that time at work at least I would get paid), nobody did apologize or giving me explanation of why it was taking so long until I did explode and complained( even dough didn't work) , 3 rd time ( now while I am writing my review) my appointment was at 10:45 I came in 15 min early ( so nothing to blame on me) now is 12:00 PM u have been accommodate in the waiting room after exam room, with no explanation why I am still waiting long no apologize nothing . Good luck to me, who knows when I am going to be out of here... 1 hour and 15 mins and still no doctor... IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOS .... Considered that I am not only a patient but also a customer ( because I am paying this service)....do you think that if this long wait would happen in a grocery store, restaurant or any place like that nobody would complain???? It doesn't mean that is at doctor office we have no right to complain and tollerate assign that is normal and let it go!!!

June 11th, 2013
pab
My father was in the hospital for several days with an intestinal problem. The hospital told my father to follow up with his primary care physician which he did. Dr. McDow had no information regarding my fathers recent hospitalization although the hospital notified his office. When my father arrived at his appointment the doctor had no results from any tests performed in the hospital and told my 88 year old father to call and get the results and fax it to him. To me this is unacceptable. All paper work should have been sent to Dr. McDow's office or they should have made some attempt to get the information. Dr. McDow has not even been in contact with the doctor who did the colonoscopy at the hospital.

February 21st, 2011
Doctor is Excellent
I think Dr. McDow is an excellent physician. The wait time is too long too often, but for me it has been worth the wait. His direct referrals for me have all been excellent and top of the line and I have been very satisfied with them. His staff could use some help in the "how to have a good attitude" category. I really like the doctor but I think at times his staff it burned out. No smiles, no courtesy and no love. They can have an appointment scheduled and they let you come to the office only to tell you sorry that person did not come in. I found that to be unbelievable! The office is closed for lunch and opens at 1:00 but at times they do not open the door on time, and then when they do, they don't extend the courtesy to tell you the door has been unlocked. Too many little things makes it hard to tolerate...not enough courtesy and kindness. I tolerate it because Dr. McDow is great and some times you can't have it all.