Psychiatrists

1575 Heritage Dr
Ste 203
Heritage, McKinney, TX 75069
972-529-5445
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Kudzu.
 |  Dr Meyer is my kind of shrinker ...  |  show details
by A very satisfied patient ~ on Oct 30th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Meyer eight years ago, when there were no other private practice psychiatrists in Denton. I've spent a majority of my adult life in analysis and had no idea what a blessing that referral was! I have found him to be an exceptional listener, who responds with rich feedback that I can really sink my mind into. In fact, I had to sharpen my listening skills so as not to miss a single morsel of Meyers wisdom. His pharmacology knowledge is astounding. I brought to our sessions, all the symptoms I possessed that made me feel like the most unstable, misfit alive. Over time he found the right combination of meds that helped me to feel a sense of freedom from those symptoms. For that I will be eternally grateful!! As far as his staff, I believe you get what you give. I've always been treated with dignity and respect; as they too have received from me. So I'll keep making those trips from Denton to see Dr. Meyer ~ my favorite shrinker of all time!

Aug 2nd, 2012

I've been somewhat of a tough case and have been on many different "cocktails" and just when I'm about to give up Dr. Meyer comes up with something else to help me. I've been seeing him for 5 years and can't imagine seeing anyone else. Very caring and compassionate and just wants to see me well and I'm getting there with Dr. Meyer's help!

|  Incredible Diagnostician!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Meyer! He only manages my medication. He listened to me explain my symptoms, asked numerous questions, told me what he thought the diagnosis was and ordered very specific blood work to verify it. He was correct about everything! I had a severe vitamin D deficiency, my pharmacy had substituted a cheaper version of my medication and it was no longer working. After beginning a regimen of vitamin D supplements and obtaining my medication from a lab that used high quality ingredients, I was feeling better in a few weeks.He is incredibly knowledgeable about medications and their chemical makeup and could tell me whether there would be any interactions with other medications.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Meyer has been my MD for approximately 15 years. He has also treated my daughter and son. He is compassionate and up to date in his knowledge. He is professional, yet personable. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.

|  Horribly slow  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Office staff is horrible. Very rude and uncaring. When I've complained, the lady at the front desk smirked and shrugged her shoulders at me. They do not follow up with phone calls either. Meyer is good, but very slow. He is also unapologetic about the horribly long wait times. I usually see him for medication maintenance that takes about 5 minutes to do, but I always have an hour long wait in the waiting room!

|  God bless Dr. Meyer  |  show details
by JustinDalmolin at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Meyer is a kind doctor. God Bless. He took the time to explain my condition and help me. thank you!

|  The best!  |  show details
by AmonR at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Darryn Meyers is a very caring doctor who is very informative and thorough. Thank you for all of your help and your concern with my health.

by blebowitz at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Darryn Meyers deserves all the positive reviews he has received online. When I first met with him he spent a lot of time with me asking me many questions. He also insisted on talking with my therapist and previous psychiatrist before coming up with a diagnosis and treatment. At the time I didn`t understand why this was necessary. He ultimately changed my diagnosis to bipolar disorder. This was after several decades of being treated for major depression by several different psychiatrists. His diagnosis proved correct. He ultimately put me on the right combination of medications. For the first time in my life on feel normal. Thank you so much Dr. Meyers!

by blebowitz at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Cares about his patients  |  show details
by BarryLeb at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Darryn Meyers spent the time to get to know me then came up with a very effective treatment plan to treat my mood disorder. What I like best about him is that he goes the extra mile. He really cares about his patients.

|  Very Knowledgeable  |  show details
by DonnaRao at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Meyers has a great knowledge of psychiatry and the use of pharmaceuticals. He helped me when many other highly regarded psychiatrists misdiagnosed and mistreated me. He has a warm and very caring manner. One of the best!! I Highly recommend him.

|  Cares about his patients  |  show details
by BarryLeb at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  A good Psychiatrist  |  show details
by RobertAJames at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Darryn Meyer is friendly. He spends more time with me than any of my previous psychiatrists. He knows his medications and is very prompt in returning my phone calls. I feel he really cares about my well being.

|  A good Psychiatrist  |  show details

|  God bless Dr. Meyer  |  show details
by JustinDalmolin at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Thinks outside the box  |  show details
by RajBasiler at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I like Dr. Meyer because he`s thinking about the `person` not just the `appointment time of inout` and thinks of ways beyond the box to help.

|  Thinks outside the box  |  show details
by RajBasiler at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dec 10th, 2010

I love Dr. Meyer. He really takes his time with each of his patients and is very knowledgeable. The only issue i've had is that because he does spend a lot of time with his patients, he can run a little late. I usually try to schedule my appointments in the morning, so I only wait 10 minutes or so.

|  Smart doctor but not empathetic  |  show details
by KiaraKat on Feb 12th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have been seeing Dr. Meyer for many years. He knows his stuff when it comes to common medication side effects and interactions. I have been on a cocktail of medications, most of which have made me gain enormous amounts of weight. My only complaint about him is that he does not understand and rarely acknowledges that these medications have caused me to gain so much weight and have damaged my health in many ways.

|  Staff is uncaring and not helpful  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2009

I think Dr. Meyer's is great but his staff is the worst. They truly do not care about the patient so therefore I'm planning on changing due to them. They leave their phone on voicemail, they discourage new patients, they almost forbid messages to the doctor and they are the unfriendliest staff I've ever experienced. I have two daughters who have had many medical and mental appointments so I have some experience in dealing with office staff. The staff of county mhmr who see's hundreds of patients are much kinder, answer questions and try to help much more.

by Allenladd on Sep 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Superb doctor. Good listener. Obviously a key leader in his profession. He is caring and empathic; cautious and careful when prescribing medications. He is dependable and faithful to his calling. He is experientially confidential and trustworthy. Hi

|  Exceptional--The Standard by which one judges!  |  show details
by Allenladd at Citysearch on Sep 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Superb doctor. Good listener. Obviously a key leader in his profession. He is caring and empathic cautious and careful when prescribing medications. He is dependable and faithful to his calling. He is experientially confidential and trustworthy. Highly recommended by one who has seen the good Meyer, the bad and the ugly.

|  Dr. Meyer loves drugs!!  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2009

Dr. Meyer is drug happy & prescibes drug after drug without even speaking with you to diagnose your problems.Save yourself some time & see another Psychiatrist!!

by PaintMeCrazy on Apr 21st, 2009 on citysearch.com

After interviewing several Psychiatrists in McKinney, I've finally found one that I like. He is an outstanding listener, short appointments, and I like him. I'm pretty picky. I don't know what the other woman is talking about. He's not an over-prescri

|  I think he`s great  |  show details
by PaintMeCrazy at Citysearch on Apr 21st, 2009 on citysearch.com

After interviewing several Psychiatrists in McKinney, I`ve finally found one that I like. He is an outstanding listener, short appointments, and I like him. I`m pretty picky. I don`t know what the other woman is talking about. He`s not an over-prescriber. He`s a good doctor.

|  VERY ATTENTIVE TO HIS PATIENTS  |  show details
by dbennett1965 on Dec 14th, 2008 on kudzu.com

He was a very good Doctor and helped me a lot! He is very attentive to the needs of his patients...He is very nice!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Excellent Physician - Caring & Intelligent  |  show details
by jlccdmcktx at Citysearch on Aug 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Meyer practices with both his brain and heart. Thats a tough combination to find. He is accurate when and knowledgeable when prescribing. He is not adverse to patients bringing him information. He is a rare find.

by jlccdmcktx on Aug 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

by nunyabusiness on Jul 5th, 2007 on citysearch.com

horrible. overmedicated husband. misdiagnosed. put on a medication cocktail and made him TOTALLY insane. went and asked for help, was refused. husband committed suicide. beware.

|  Beware a Quack  |  show details
by nunyabusiness at Citysearch on Jul 5th, 2007 on citysearch.com

|  Absolutely THE BEST!  |  show details
by alleneli at Citysearch on Apr 14th, 2005 on citysearch.com

Dr. Meyer is committed to helping you recover and not be a lifetime memberpatient. He genuinely cares and his staff is the most courteous and caring in such a delicate practice as psychiatry.

by alleneli on Apr 14th, 2005 on citysearch.com

Dr. Meyer is committed to helping you recover and not be a lifetime member/patient. He genuinely cares and his staff is the most courteous and caring in such a delicate practice as psychiatry.