May 29th, 2015

Great Dr. Interested in the whole patient Very thourough in his understanding of Meds you should take. First Dr who has ever helped me with my depression. Haven't felt this good in years. Now Im on the right meds and life feels normal. Would not want another Dr in this type of meds to help me. Thank you Dr Meryer for all you have done

Hands down the best Psychiatrist in North Texas! show details Hands down the best Psychiatrist in North Texas!
by janet on Aug 24th, 2014

If you are looking for an experienced doctor that you can trust you really have to make an appointment with Dr. Meyer. I will tell you without any doubt he has made a difference in my life. The first thing you will see is his sincerity. Dr. Meyer takes the time to talk to you. He does not just send you off with a bunch of meds. He really wants to help you obtain a balance in your life without dependence on a lot of medication. He seems to genuinely care about your well being. He has the experience you want, and you won't regret checking him out. I highly recommend him to all my family and friends.

No patient interaction at all. Smirks at you show details No patient interaction at all. Smirks at you
May 31st, 2014

When all he has to do is refill a prescription he is OK. When I really needed help. I really dreaded seeing him because there is absolutely noeaningful interaction. Never looks up from his notes. Never never looks at you.ultiple people told me is bed side manner is the worst Misdiagnosed me and put me on a medication with horrible side effects. Had to see another doctor to get things fixed

Great Psychiatrist show details Great Psychiatrist
Aug 2nd, 2012

I've been somewhat of a tough case and have been on many different "cocktails" and just when I'm about to give up Dr. Meyer comes up with something else to help me. I've been seeing him for 5 years and can't imagine seeing anyone else. Very caring and compassionate and just wants to see me well and I'm getting there with Dr. Meyer's help!

Incredible Diagnostician! show details Incredible Diagnostician!
Jul 27th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Meyer! He only manages my medication. He listened to me explain my symptoms, asked numerous questions, told me what he thought the diagnosis was and ordered very specific blood work to verify it. He was correct about everything! I had a severe vitamin D deficiency, my pharmacy had substituted a cheaper version of my medication and it was no longer working. After beginning a regimen of vitamin D supplements and obtaining my medication from a lab that used high quality ingredients, I was feeling better in a few weeks.He is incredibly knowledgeable about medications and their chemical makeup and could tell me whether there would be any interactions with other medications.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Meyer has been my MD for approximately 15 years. He has also treated my daughter and son. He is compassionate and up to date in his knowledge. He is professional, yet personable. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.

Horribly slow show details Horribly slow
Nov 16th, 2011

Office staff is horrible. Very rude and uncaring. When I've complained, the lady at the front desk smirked and shrugged her shoulders at me. They do not follow up with phone calls either. Meyer is good, but very slow. He is also unapologetic about the horribly long wait times. I usually see him for medication maintenance that takes about 5 minutes to do, but I always have an hour long wait in the waiting room!

Dec 10th, 2010

I love Dr. Meyer. He really takes his time with each of his patients and is very knowledgeable. The only issue i've had is that because he does spend a lot of time with his patients, he can run a little late. I usually try to schedule my appointments in the morning, so I only wait 10 minutes or so.

Staff is uncaring and not helpful show details Staff is uncaring and not helpful
Nov 30th, 2009

I think Dr. Meyer's is great but his staff is the worst. They truly do not care about the patient so therefore I'm planning on changing due to them. They leave their phone on voicemail, they discourage new patients, they almost forbid messages to the doctor and they are the unfriendliest staff I've ever experienced. I have two daughters who have had many medical and mental appointments so I have some experience in dealing with office staff. The staff of county mhmr who see's hundreds of patients are much kinder, answer questions and try to help much more.

Dr. Meyer loves drugs!! show details Dr. Meyer loves drugs!!
Aug 8th, 2009

Dr. Meyer is drug happy & prescibes drug after drug without even speaking with you to diagnose your problems.Save yourself some time & see another Psychiatrist!!