Dr. Darren Schuhmacher MD, MS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 27th, 2017
Empathetic and Knowledgeable
He is the best! You will not find a more devoted pain physician! Dr. Schuhmacher took care of my father when he had an acute back injury and had just relocated to Texas. We were so impressed with his knowledge and compassion.

June 20th, 2017
Consitantly pleased with treatment
I have been a patient of Dr. Schumacher two times and have been very pleased with the outcome of the treatments each time. My back pain is totally gone and I am able to continue with all my activities with no problems what so ever! I was treated by Dr. Schumacher and his entire staff with utmost courtesy and respect! I have had always Dr. Schumacher was extremely patient and superb listener during the interview. I would recomend him to any patient suffering from chronic or acute pain.

September 13th, 2016
Patient
He is very compassionate Doctor. He does not use drugs to treat his patients without very careful review of their medical history. I highly recommend him if you want a progress treatment plan that will help your recover.

September 11th, 2015
Love Dr. Schuhmacher
Dr. Schuhmacher is wonderful. He actually takes the time to listen to your story and determines what he can do to try to help you. While he's great, his office staff is not. I think it may be because they are so busy, but they don't return phone calls and they don't send referrals timely. Sorry, but no excuse for that. Also, I don't love that they aren't clear about your appointment time. They tell you one time, but come to find out they just tell you a time 30 minutes earlier than your actual appointment. The result - you end up waiting forever to make up for patients who can't manage their time and come on time.

May 15th, 2015
Dr. Schuhmacher is patient and explains everything in an easy to understand manner.

December 4th, 2013
1st visit, caring, educated manner, FRIENDLY STAFF!!!!
Heard good things about He & his staff(very kind, made me feel comfortable), need another MRI, waiting for follow-up call to schedule. Dr. S. was very kind, seemed to ignore MN's b.s. where all of my issues w/my left side were just ignored despite a slipping disc showing. I'm trusting this man to take care of figuring all this out, as I have become nearly bed-ridden. Quite despondent & hoping he can help. Doesn't dole out drugs without answers, trust me, that's responsible. Help, DR. Schumacher...wits end here. Seemed to have good ideas as to all my pain, making sure he knows how to proceed. Been there once & I'd urge a recommendation.

September 27th, 2013
pain gone!
Was a wonderful experience! Came in barely able to walk left walking fine and with in 24 hours was 100% pain free. Wish all Dr's was so good at what they do.

September 23rd, 2013
Dr. Schuhmacher was very good. He came in before the surgery and introduced himself and then told me how the procedure would go and what I could expect. He asked me if I had any questions. His bedside manner was really good. I would recommend him to anyone.

July 24th, 2013
Excellent Care
I was having tremendous pain in my hip and leg. I called the office and spoke with Kay the Practice Administrator on Wednesday and she got me in the next day to see Dr. Schuhmacher. Dr Schuhmacher was very compasionate and caring. He treated me with medication, but stated that if I didn't get any relief with that, then the next step would be an injection. I felt like he was very conservative with me. He was very thorough, and took the time to explain so I understood exactly what was going on. The staff was excellent! Since I have been in they have called to see how the medication was working for me. I would recommend them to anyone!

May 26th, 2013
Dr Schumacher and his staff are wonderful. I appreciate the time they take to understand my pain and get to know me as a person. They are like family. I feel much better and am more active since I started treatment.

March 8th, 2012
Office staff slow on follow up for insurance approval. Need to stay on top and keep calling. In the past, this has fallen through the cracks.

October 11th, 2011
Shirley Collins
I have been a patient of dr Schuhmacher since last summer. I was referred to him by my Nuerosurgeon, Dr Moody. My daughter is also his patient. I have arthritis and she has Reumatoid Arthritis. I saw him first, was in a lot of pain, off work. He has taken excellent care of me. When my daughter was diagnosed, she began seeing him for her pain. We love him. He is always very kind and caring and an excellent Dr. I have the utmost confidence in him. We are continuing to work full time as he continues to manage our pain.If you are in pain, he is the one you want to see.