A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Darrrington Altenbern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Darrrington Altenbern is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Darrrington Altenbern, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Hot Flashes
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Laser Surgery
- Pelvic Pain
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Altenbern graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Altenbern has 13 hospital affiliations:
- St Thomas Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Altenbern accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Darrrington P. Altenbern practice?
Dr. Darrrington Altenbern practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology near Nashville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Waverly, TN.
See Nashville Obstetricians & Gynecologists.