Dr. Darryl Appleton MD Patient Reviews

April 8th, 2015
Easy to talk to

October 31st, 2013
Forever Gratefull
My experience with Dr. Appleton has been amazing. Before seeing him, every day was a struggle. My sleeping disorder was taking over my life and I couldn't function in every day life. I was at my wits end and decided to look online for a sleep specialist. I choose Dr. Appleton because of his good reviews and have been truly grateful ever since. He diagnosed my disorder and after months of evaluation, he found the perfect medication to best fit my needs. My life has been completely transformed and I can't thank DR. Appleton enough. I know that my sleeping disorder has no permanent cure but it's such as relief to know that it can be controlled.

February 1st, 2012
Understands complex migraine, cluster headache and it's effects on life
I am in the care of some of the best doctors in Canada right now. I include Dr. Appleton in that description - in fact at the top two of the doctors treating me. Not knowing what to expect as my condition is open to all kinds of medical treatments and interpretations, he put my worries to rest (no pun intended). This doctor knows his stuff, really cares and respects the intelligence of his patience. I was referred to him by another outstanding doctor who is specifically treating my chronic pain, so this just felt like I was part of something comprehensive and I'm in really good hands. Dr. Appleton also has a great sense of humor, which is valued by people in pain - more than most would think. His team is outstanding in every way - considering sleep studies are kind of scary and expose you in ways you have never been before. But you forget all that, and just go with the care these professional people provide. I am grateful for the care I received - and will be going back for another session, probably with my service dog at my side ;)

January 3rd, 2012
Dr. Appleton an amazing Doctor and Person
Dr. Appleton is a wonderful doctor and has helped me immensely with my Fibromyalgia and sleep related issues. I can honestly say that had i not found Dr. Appleton I do not know where I would be today. He is worth every penny and if you need help and feel like you are in a hopeless situation I would contact him immediately.

July 6th, 2011
1st Place on the Top Doc list
I have been seeing Dr. Appleton for a year, during which he improved my quality of life 1000%. He is truly compassionate, caring and understanding. He spends as much time with you as YOU need. His expertise, in many and diverse areas of medicine, is fantastic. Yet he is totally down-to-earth. Speaking with him is like speaking with your best friend. He should serve as the model doctor for the rest of the medical profession.

June 23rd, 2011
If you're not under Dr. Appleton's care then you're simply not receiving the best treatment possible.

March 3rd, 2011
Best. Doctor. Ever.
I love this guy. It took me forever to finally find a psychiatrist I felt comfortable sharing all my personal information with. He genuinely cares about his patients and it shows.He's very sharp and intuitive and I trust his diagnoses are accurate. He's the first psychiatrist I've been to who has actually taken time to get to know me as a person, not just as patient X. I feel confident that he understands my disorders as a subjective problem, unique to my personality. I have no doubt he treats all his patients with the same respect.As for his knowledge on medications and other treatments, he's just as good. He comes right out with all the information on the medications available, which ones would be better or worse for certain disorders, the types of side effects involved, etc. Not only that, he will often reference or cite information from websites and/or books for further research and study.He's by far the most flexible doctor I've encountered in my life. Scheduling is never a problem, and when it comes to any situations at work, school or otherwise he seems open to assist if at all possible.He's a truly special doctor, one who is in the game to really help people. A rare find this day and age!

June 27th, 2010