Dr. Darryl Dirisio MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Albany, NY

June 12th, 2015
rude and uncaring inaccurate diagnosis long waits for appointments rude staff

April 14th, 2015
Saved my motility! Love this man! I still hike, bike and work hard without pain!

February 11th, 2015
Dont see him, its a waste of time and money! Least helpful doctor ever
He didn't even do an exam himself, completely dismissed my syptoms and MRI images and report. Diagnosed a code that had nothing to do with my symptoms. Don't waste your time.

February 6th, 2015
Most compassionate and brilliant doctor I could have ever wanted.

December 15th, 2014
patient, presurgical
First let me say I've read various reviews, but have also personally interviewed many of Dr.D's patients over 8 years working for a research firm that followed up with Albany Med's patients post surgery. I can say the majority loved him. The ex Dean of Alb Medical College refered me to him for monitoring and eventual surgery to three cervical verterbre. While Alb Meds Nuerosciences Institute is very busy and occasionally the wait is 15-25 minutes it's becausetjey are very tjorough and deal with some very complicated patient issues. Dr.Dirisio and all the staff have been very attentive and thorough with me. The Dr himself is a very kind person. I am likely having very complex and dangerous surgery in the near future and am confident things will go well.

August 28th, 2014
lower lumbar fushion
I had a car accident and was put on a lot of meds dr drizio saved my life 11 years later my fushion is still in tact now I live in another area and have to get a second neck fushion I wish I could get his advice again I can only hope this doctor does right by me like he did

February 25th, 2014
The Worst
I have never, EVER had a visit with a doctor who was so inappropriate. I heard him complaining about his schedule to someone while i was in the exam room. Came in and was very matter of fact, seemed to really care less. I went to see him as a second opinion. He did little else but trash talk the doctor who diagnosed me. In the end he said he would so the same surgery, but do it better. He did nothing but make me feel upset. Office was hectic and not very clean. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I went to back to my first doctor. I thought he was unprofessional.

August 20th, 2013
Don't waste your time
Office sucked. Waited forever in waiting room. Then he was only in to see me for about 3 minutes. His PA came in a took all my info before he came in. Dr. Dirisio was very rude. Basically told me he didn't feel like doing back surgery on me because some people don't tolerate it well. He said that there was something that could be done to fix my problem but I needed to be pro active and ride a bike. I feel he blew me off because I am over weight. When I say over weight I don't mean by a lot, maybe 20- 25lbs. I would like to know how someone is suppose to just ride a bike when on most days I can barely walk. Also I might be able to exercise more if I didn't have all this pain.

July 17th, 2013
Disappointing
I titled my review patient #123 because I felt like just another patient with a file # to this doctor. Not only will I never see him again, I wouldn't recommend him and even question his abilities. He didn't ask any appropriate questions and asked if my pain was related to a lawsuit. He was totally inappropriate and his conduct was unbecoming for a physician at a teaching hospital.

December 8th, 2011
I guess excellence takes time
Dr. DiRisio is outstanding at diagnosis and treatment. However, the waiting time when you come in for your appt is terrible. I have waited almost 2 hours on each of my last 2 visits. Also, his assistant frequently did not return my calls and it is difficult to get a timely appointment

February 15th, 2011
This doctor does not give up on his patients.
Dr. Diriso is an angel. He is the only nerosurgeon that listens to his patients.He is the best Dr. in the area. I highly recommend him. Anyone that is his patients knows that they are blessed to have him as a doctor. He cares about his patients. I thank God everyday I have him as a doctor. He is the only doctor that did not give up on me.This doctor is very good at what he does and he is very smart. My advice is don't give up when your in pain see this doctor.

September 26th, 2008
The best in the business
Couldn't ask for anyone better knows his stuff and is right on target.