Family Practitioner, Neurological Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Albany Medical Center Hospital
47 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208
518-262-5761
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Very bad Doctor  |  show details
by Friend of the Lash famiily on Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Dirisio was part of the staff at the Jefferson Health Systems/Paoli Hospital and was an employee or agent of Chestmont Neurosurgical, Inc. my friends went to see Dr. Dirisio as a second opinion. He was rude, arrogant and blew my friend off. The condition deteriorated to the point of requiring the assistance of a wheelchair. After seeking a third opinion my friend was correctly diagnosed with avascular malformation in the thoracic area. It was alleged that the findings of the spinal cord edema, as well as the avascular malformation, were both clear and unequivocal and should have been detected by Dr. Dirisio. As a result of Dr. Dirisio's lack of caring on June 19, 2002, for a settlement amount of $1,226,475. He is not a stand up guy.

|  The Worst  |  show details
by D H on Feb 25th, 2014

I have never, EVER had a visit with a doctor who was so inappropriate. I heard him complaining about his schedule to someone while i was in the exam room. Came in and was very matter of fact, seemed to really care less. I went to see him as a second opinion. He did little else but trash talk the doctor who diagnosed me. In the end he said he would so the same surgery, but do it better. He did nothing but make me feel upset. Office was hectic and not very clean. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I went to back to my first doctor. I thought he was unprofessional.

|  Don't waste your time  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2013

Office sucked. Waited forever in waiting room. Then he was only in to see me for about 3 minutes. His PA came in a took all my info before he came in. Dr. Dirisio was very rude. Basically told me he didn't feel like doing back surgery on me because some people don't tolerate it well. He said that there was something that could be done to fix my problem but I needed to be pro active and ride a bike. I feel he blew me off because I am over weight. When I say over weight I don't mean by a lot, maybe 20- 25lbs. I would like to know how someone is suppose to just ride a bike when on most days I can barely walk. Also I might be able to exercise more if I didn't have all this pain.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
by Patient #123 on Jul 17th, 2013

I titled my review patient #123 because I felt like just another patient with a file # to this doctor. Not only will I never see him again, I wouldn't recommend him and even question his abilities. He didn't ask any appropriate questions and asked if my pain was related to a lawsuit. He was totally inappropriate and his conduct was unbecoming for a physician at a teaching hospital.

|  I guess excellence takes time  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

Dr. DiRisio is outstanding at diagnosis and treatment. However, the waiting time when you come in for your appt is terrible. I have waited almost 2 hours on each of my last 2 visits. Also, his assistant frequently did not return my calls and it is difficult to get a timely appointment

|  This doctor does not give up on his patients.  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

Dr. Diriso is an angel. He is the only nerosurgeon that listens to his patients.He is the best Dr. in the area. I highly recommend him. Anyone that is his patients knows that they are blessed to have him as a doctor. He cares about his patients. I thank God everyday I have him as a doctor. He is the only doctor that did not give up on me.This doctor is very good at what he does and he is very smart. My advice is don't give up when your in pain see this doctor.

|  The best in the business  |  show details
by Carol Shufelt on Sep 26th, 2008

Couldn't ask for anyone better knows his stuff and is right on target.

|  absolutely the best  |  show details
May 18th, 2008

dr dirisio is absolutely the best dr you will find anywhere. he has oustanding skills as a surgeon and his bedside manner is one of extreme caring and compassion.he always treats his patients with respect and dignity.he is THE BEST