Dr. Darryl Elrod Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Wasilla, AK

3.6

November 8th, 2016
Dr. Elrod is the best gynecologist
I went in for my annual exam and got a Pap smear. After my pap came back abnormal, Dr. Elrod performed a colposcopy that showed a high grade abnormality, and then he quickly did a leep which showed I had cervical cancer. I was able to be referred very quickly and got a complete hysterectomy. Yes it wasn't ideal but I'm thankfuk that it was got and taken care of. I have always received excellent and thorough care by Dr. Elrod and staff and will never go anywhere else.

February 25th, 2015
I felt very comfortable and everyone was so nice.

January 7th, 2015
Best birthing exprence I have ever had. He delivered my 4 th

June 12th, 2014
Went through 1 doc, then found Dr Elrod :)
My first pregnancy I was in anchorage and got nothing I wanted happened, then I had a c section. Now with my second pregnancy I first met with Peggy and I really didn't like the feel when I walked in, and I felt for me the level of professionalism wasn't there. I didn't go back. I was about 6 months pregnant when I finally found Dr Elrod omg I was so happy. I walked in and was greeted by Christy (Super nice) and the nurses were a joy to talk to. During birth my daughters head came out but her whole body was stuck inside and wouldn't come out. I had 6 minutes before she passed away (found that out afterwards) and dr elrod did everything he could to get her out. Finally at 2 1/2 mins he twisted her and her arm got free and dr elrod let my husband pull her out like I had wanted. :) She had erbs palsy(sp) from all the work elrod had to do to get her out. We had to go to physical therapy for it but now she can move her arm and grasp things and you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong. He saved her. Oh my gosh he totally saved my baby. I was so scared and he was there for me. The next day he came back to check up on us and just eased every worry I had. I love Dr Elrod, and would never go anywhere else. By the way, he didn't sleep with his secretary. I don't know where you got your info from but you're wrong. Also right in the beginning I told him my pain tolerance is a 0 so I will be getting the epidural and he didn't give me any problems about it at all. Dr. Elrod and his wife are so very down to earth, such great people that give their time to do so much good here and in Haiti as well. I think that they are awesome people :)

April 24th, 2014
High risk pregnancy
If you are considered high risk than Dr. Elrod is not someone you want to see. I lost my baby and there was really no reason I should of lost him. Dr. Elrod should of noticed signs beyond the typical medical markers and he didn't. If he had said to go see a high risk doctor I would have, he did not.

September 17th, 2013
Dr. Elrod is wonderful. His staff and midwife, not so much. I wait forever and I feel like just another patient.

May 2nd, 2013
amazing!
Dr. Elrod has been nothing but amazing throughout my pregnancy. Hes been supportive as well as informative. I dont know how many times I have cried on his sholder. I had complications and he has made everything easy to handle as well as comfortable. He is more of a person instead of a pompus doctor. Very knowledgeable. Just all around amazing.

February 25th, 2013
Best in Alaska
We chose to have our first baby with a midwife at a birth center. As it turned out, baby was OP with a giant head and was really difficult to push out, so we were transported to the hospital after the first 6 hours of pushing, thankfully Dr. Elrod was on duty. Dr. Elrod was amazing and probably the ONLY doctor in Alaska who would have allowed us to continue to try the "old-fashioned way" and not taken us straight to C-section. Baby was still doing well and he gave us Pitocin to help with the contractions which were fading at that point. That did the trick and 2 hours later, we had our healthy baby boy, naturally except for the Pitocin. We had a birth plan that he read and did his best to follow our requests with the exception of cutting the cord earlier due to the fact that he wanted to make sure everyone was ok after such a long haul. Dr. Elrod believes in birth. I know many other people who have had great experiences with him and would recommend him highly.

November 10th, 2012
I chose Dr. Elrod because I wanted a doctor supportive of natural childbirth. He is that, was competent during delivery, and the front office staff is excellent. However, my appointments were rushed, with the nurse and doctor showing little interest in how I was doing. Furthermore, concerns I had about recovery postpartum were brushed aside by the nurse when I called the office for help on two separate occasions. I had to make an appointment at a different practice for my symptoms to be acknowledged and diagnosed correctly.

June 11th, 2012
I love Dr. Elrod. I vowed never to have a male doctor and I ended up finding him and I am glad I did. I will go to him if I ever get pregnant again. He is kind, listens well, make you feel at ease and he loves what he does. I would recommend him to everyone,

January 19th, 2012
Terrible experience
Horrible

September 23rd, 2008
best around
Dr. Elrod and his staff are the best ob/gyn office in Alaska. They really do listen to you, and let you have a say in your care. He is a doctor that believes you know best, and then goes from there. I highly recommend Dr. Elrod to everyone in Alaska.