Sports Medicine Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
98-1079 Moanalua Rd
Ste 300
Aiea, Aiea, HI 96701
808-384-8447
Locations and availability (5)

|  Impressive diagnosis of my shoulder problem  |  show details
by A T on Sep 24th, 2013

When in for a second opinion, he looked at my MRI's and rotated my shoulder then said he could fix it. It was Friday afternoon, he asked if the following Monday was ok. I asked about a the options if the labrum was torn,he promised to fix it. The previous doctor told me it would be removed if torn or detached. It was torn and repaired. I am grateful to the people to recommended him. He is a talented surgeon.

|  A terrible doctor  |  show details
by James Hartsell on May 11th, 2013

I had an appointment at 9:45am and did not see him until 11am and he came in and had a very large attitudeand Iit was like walking on egg shells. He would ask you a question and wanted a response within a second or he would get iritated. He acted like he was gods gift to earth. I would never go back to see him if he was the last doctor on earth. Shoukd not call him a doctor. That is an insult to doctors.

|  Likable, professional  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2010

Dr Kan was recommended to us by another orthopod on a neighbor island. The extra expense of traveling to Oahu was worth it and except for the inconvenience of being so far from his office,we found him to be a superior physician and surgeon.

|  Shoulder surgery  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2009

Dr. Kan performed corrective surgery on my son's shoulder after he incurred a significant injury from participating in high school football last season. He identified the problem and explained the corrective procedure in layman's terms. Being a former athlete himself was evident that he knew of what the recovery was like and made every effort to keep him as pain free as possible. Now i know why he is one of the most sought out orthopedic surgeons here.