Dr. Darryl Steele MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 29th, 2016
Smart Old school Dr.
Dr Steel is an extreamly smart man. I love that he always suggests nutrition to help with on towing symptoms. I have struggled with my health for years and scene many Drs. He has been the only Dr that has finally informed me and educated me on why my body reacts the way it does. His bedside manner is different but that's not a big deal based on how much he has helped. I take him with a pinch of salt. Actually he's quite funny. Very smart and highly recommended his care

February 12th, 2015
Excellent Doctor. my wife and I go to him for everything. We don't have insurance but his prices are very low considering some of the things we have seen him for. We recommend him to everyone.

February 4th, 2015
HOPE
Very sweet man and very knowledgeable. He actually took the time and explained to me in detail what was going on and what I needed to do to fix it. I had to hear some things that are very hard to hear but he put it in a way that made me feel like I have the power to do what needs to be done. He gave me HOPE for once. He prescribed me exactly what was needed and nothing more plus he gave me money saving tips. He even shared a little about his own family and experiences. He knew I was scared going in and his bedside manner was wonderful. He calmed me down and made me feel like I wasn't only talking to a doctor but also talking to a friend or even family member while still staying very professional. His staff was also very kind, fun to talk to and made me feel so good and not scared about coming in. I hate seeing doctors and I can honestly say that this was the first time I was ever put at ease while going to the doctor. From the moment I checked in with the very friendly and knowledgeable staff to Dr. Steele himself. I gained so much knowledge and understanding and like I said the best if all I left feeling full of HOPE...

January 7th, 2015
Can be rude, doesn't listen but likes to talk - A LOT, no respect for patient's time, staff seems almost submissive to him, very egotistical even for a doctor

May 2nd, 2014
Drug pusher
I came in to talk about chronic pain. The wait time was obnoxious. When I finally got seen after correcting my name with his reception staff numerous times, it was a terrible experience. He ended up pushing me drugs for blood pressure which cause impotence so far with very little knowledge of me of tests done, and a pain medication called Subboxone. Subboxone apparently is a highly addictive pain medication that has withdrawals 10x worse than normal narcotic pain killers. I'm now stuck on this medication which he keeps trying to increase my dose and is telling me I never need to get off even though I am experiencing terrible side effects. On top of his poor practice and care for patients he is also very old and kermudgeoney (May not be a word but the best way to describe him) on several visits he has forgotten who I am, and I have also witnessed him blow up on his staff for minute things like where his favorite pen went. I was startled cause he basically just has outbursts of anger and even threw his clip board at one of his female nurses!!! I have decided to get second opinions about all my newly acquired medical problems due to his desire to push drugs. Maybe he was an ok doctor once upon a time, but he is far from that now.

February 17th, 2014
WORST DOCTOR EVER
Do not EVER choose Dr. Steele. a personal injury happened out of state and we had to find a doctor to take my husband in because the pain meds the ER prescribed were out, and Dr. Steele was the only one who would take a new patient last minute, but i almost regret taking my poor husband who was already in pain there. He has the WORST bed side manner...was VERY rude to my husband. He became frustrated and angry when my husband told him that he was physically causing him pain (trying to remove bandages)! The Doctor took the scissors and threw them in anger! i was horrified! if it wasn't for the fact we needed him to bandage back up the wound, i would have left that very second. Lastly, he because furious at me when i told him to be more gentle and he shoved his hand within 1 in. of my face (in a shutting-up gesture) that sent my husband over the edge. Dr. Steele is NOT a professional physician. Do NOT go see him. Seriously. He needs to be shut down. on a side note, the receptionist is the sweetest person. but the nurse is a nightmare. it's his wife. shocker..

December 19th, 2013
This doctor is smart and caring. There is nothing he can't help you with. Both of my children and I are very happy with his care.

January 6th, 2011
He not for everybody, especially the ladies.
Dr Steele has a lot of... personality. He is a little bit odd. He is gruff, blunt, and generally a curmudgeon. That said, after seeing him many time over the last decade, I KNOW that he gives a sh*t and has been great over time.

September 26th, 2010
Rebecca moore
I will not go to this nor send anyone to him (not even my dog) I have filed a complaint with the medical board against him on Friday.

May 24th, 2010
Ronald Bruce Shields
I am an insulin dependent Diabetic. I have fractured Ribs, osteoporosis, Compressed Discs, recovered from a fractured ankle. Before I met this caring physician, I was mostly Bed-Home Bound.I can now work at my profession, can drive, walk, and even make love again. 9 months ago, my wife suffered a massive aneurysm rupture, died in the ER. I was lost devastated, & depressed I stayed in bed again. My Dr. Steele, tokk 3 visits, each about 45-75 minutes with me. Gradually getting me to come out and live again. I cannot believe the absurd 2 above " patients " ? made. I would never hesitate to recommend anyone to this practice.

April 23rd, 2010
he was pitiful and quite honestly weird. The only issue both him and his snide staff were concerned about was money. I would not recommend this dr to anyone and would not even take my dog to see him. Trust me ....dont go

October 31st, 2009
Great Diagnostic Skills
Dr. Steele has 40 years of experience in treating all age groups. He has been recognized by his peers in Canada (2006) and the United States (2001) with the high honor of fellow from the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Canadian College of Family Physicians. This physician does not rush his patients and you will feel satisfied that your health needs have been met after the very first visit. Dr. Steele urges patients who are not satisfied withtheir care to find another doctor who may develop a better rapport with them.