Cardiothoracic Surgeons
1830 S Alma School Rd
Ste 108
Mesa, AZ 85210
480-248-3000
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Stein is AMAZING !!!!  |  show details
by Kevin C. Young on Jun 18th, 2014

I was told in end of September 2013 I needed to do a stress test, while I finally did it and failed the test. Within the next week I had a angiogram done and all my arteries to my heart were blocked, due to me being diabetic. So, I had three options, go on meds for the rest of my life but, risk the chance of having a heart attack or stroke. Not do anything and basically die. Or finally have a triple bypass and use arteries in my leg and chest and that would give me my life back. Dr. Stein didn't beat around the bush, he made it clear all the risk and now it is my turn to make my life what it needs to be. I want to thanks Dr. Stein and Dr. Stern for there talents and do what they could do to make my life better. It has been 8 months since my surgery and I am so glad to be alive.

|  Awesome Dr.  |  show details
by Suzanne McCormick on Feb 20th, 2014

Dr. Stein saved my husband's life. He didn't pull any punches, gave it to us straight but because of his excellent surgery skills, my husband has survived.

|  Ascending Aortic Aneurysm  |  show details
by Benjamin R on Jan 6th, 2014

In April 2013 I found out I needed open heart surgery to repair an Ascending Aortic Aneurysm. Once I got over the shock of the news, I was terrified. To help calm my nerves, I spoke with a couple anesthesiologist friends of mine and they did two things for me, they assured me that Dr. Stein was an excellent surgeon and they gave me a list of questions to ask Dr. Stein on my first visit. When my wife and I visited with Dr. Stein, he was very friendly and answered all our questions. After that visit, we knew we were in good hands. Initially my cardiologist advised me I would likely need an Aortic Valve replacement along with my Ascending Aorta repair but Dr. Stein looked at my medical records and recommended against a valve replacement at this time based on the fact that my bicuspid valve was still performing well and no artificial valve would work any better. He did warn me, however, that a valve replacement would likely be necessary a few years down the road. If I can get away with keeping my own valve for a few more years, I'm all for it! So I appreciate his judgment call on that! In May 2013 (a month later) I finally had the surgery. He and his staff were sure to keep my wife updated during the surgery--and as it turned out, the surgery went better than expected. He kept me in the hospital for just 5 days (including the day of the surgery) then discharged me. I had a couple follow-up appointments and then was discharged as a patient. Unfortunately, in September, I had to seek his services once again as one of my sternal wires was causing a small low-grade infection in my chest. He removed the culprit wire and had me come back every two weeks (for about 2.5 months) to make sure there were no complications. Today I feel great! No more holes in my body, no more low-grade infections, my heart is doing just fine, and now my wife and I are expecting our first baby due just a couple weeks after the anniversary of my surgery! THANK YOU DR. STEIN FOR SAVING MY LIFE!

|  ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL  |  show details
by RICHARD BORGSTROM on Dec 28th, 2013

Had to have left upper lung cut out. Never had any major surgery & was a little apprehensive but Dr. Stein put me at ease. Answered all my questions before the surgery so I had total confidence in him. All his staff was also totally professional. It's been 4 weeks since the surgery & everything is going just as he said. Thanks doc .

|  John Mooney  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Stein combines an easygoing warm bedside manner with the confidence of Steve McQueen! He took the time to explain everything to me despite my profound hearing loss and when he finished I knew he was a man i could trust with my life. And i dont trust nobody! I cant imagine agreeing to have this done were it not for the warm optimism and respect for his skills that put me so at ease, that i never once questioned having the procedure done. Thanks so much doc; im so glad you were there.

|  show details
May 6th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Stein as he is very good at what he does & one of the best.My only complaint would be if you can not see him and have to see 1 of his PA's as we have had to deal with 2 of them and their bedside manners leave a lot to be desired.

|  Quadruple Bypass Surgery  |  show details
by Jeff Winter, Gilbert, AZ. on Apr 22nd, 2011

I AM ALIVE thanks to Dr. Stein. I met him after my shocking Angiogram which revealed 5 blocked arteries. He was summoned to Chandler Regional and came within 35 minutes. My condition was a "Widow Maker." I had serious doubts about my longevity. HE IS EXCELLENT and respected by all his peers, nurses, and other patients. I was out of the hospital in 5 days and am thrilled to be home with my loved ones. THANK YOU DR. STEIN.

|  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Great Doc

|  Jill Patterson  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2010

Dr Stein was personally requested by me to take care of my husband when he went in for bypass. He was an amazing doctor with the best bedside manner I could have ever imagined. My husband has healed so well that he is actually going back to work sooner than expected. If anyone needs a cardio surgeon, look no further! he is amazing!!!!