2.0

Aug 28th, 2013

He looked at my past history and brushed off my current complaint, explaining that it was likely anxiety. He did a cursory neuro exam and basically told me to relax. Unfortunately, the level of stress has gone down in my life, but the problems are persisting. I'm too afraid to return or seek a second opinion, so now I have to convince myself that it truly is just anxiety and not a neuro problem.

Inadequate show details Inadequate
by Jan kahler on Jun 30th, 2013

I have been a R.N. for over 30 years and worked with many good and fair to poor physicians. With the Internet now we are afforded the luxury of sharing information that hopefully prevents others from having the misfortune of wasted time and money. In one short visit to rule out any neuro involvement for my 22 year old son who did some shoulder rolls and experienced immediate pain and unable to move shoulder. We were unable to get into a orthopedic that day and Dr. Shah was available. Do to history of taking Cymbalata for a prev groin injury he did a brief neuro exam and told him to see a psychiatrist as this must be related to what someone saw before and they prescribed this drug because many young men have this random pain issues and there is no medical source and no further testing would he suggest. Our very last words were " there is nothing you can do and he will just eventually get better". Dr. Shah "yes". We went to the emergency room on the way home.....he was diagnosed with a compressed cervical nerve, frozen shoulder and a arm brace until all tests return and the severity would most likely be enough to require surgery. DO WHAT YOU WANY HOWEVER THERE ARE MANY GOOD NEURO SPECIALISTS TO BE SEEN. This was inexcusable, and when a young healthy man presents with pain and gets this treatment it is unfortunate that there is not something more that one can do but write this review. I am sure over his career there will be many patients who will be disappointed, I hope you can take this information and not make the poor choice we made, if you value your time, money and health look elsewhere.