Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

Video profile

Neglect and Plagarism show details Neglect and Plagarism
Sep 1st, 2016

I saw Dr. Smith a few months back for Lyme. He seemed genuinely involved in finding me a diagnosis for the myriad of symptoms. I went in with complete confidence that I had Lyme. After he declared my tests were negative and that I did not have Lyme, he disposed of me as a patient. I found myself practically begging, which later turned into defeated demanding, for more tests to be run. I was knocking at every department door at Kaiser and no one provided efficient medical treatment or for that matter, knowledge in their field. I had obvious co-infections including staph and candida along with every symptom ever listed under the long array of Lyme characteristics except for the rash but only because the rash and flu has subsided by the time Kaiser stopped dragging their heels and got me an appointment. So...Not only did he not run the correct tests, or offer a follow up, he defended his reasonings by explaining humans are full of bacteria as if having my body shut down and my life falling apart by poor health was a completely acceptable normal thing. He ignored the urgency of my symptoms. Obvious symptoms which had put me out of work, mutilated my appearance and caused me to drop 20 pounds in one month. He offered zero follow up and the negligence caused me to have to go out of network and pay out of pocket for a real infectious disease specialist who actually does their job and orders the correct tests. I've look up this man's background, even read up on a couple of his studies) and there is not a single chance he couldn't figure out a diagnosis. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and an immunodeficiency virus (in case Kaiser reads this, I want them to keep guessing which tests they didn't order or their pathology lab faked.) and I'm still waiting for labs to come back to make sure I don't have blood poisoning from the co-infections which Scott also dismissed. If you care about your health or the health of your loved ones, and autoimmune/immune deficiency symptoms are obvious to the naked eye, don't waste your time with this one...actually, all of Kaiser. I only call things out that I can see. And from what I can see, Dr. Scott Smith doesn't care if I live or die and is a sham. If you meet with him, don't be fooled by his charismatic and empathetic presentation, it's all an act. He'll end up manipulating your concerns until you start to question whether or not you've been manifesting your symptoms all along. Dear, Dr. Scott, may karma find the hand who serves.

Greatest Doctor at Kaiser show details Greatest Doctor at Kaiser