Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Don't let him work on YOU!  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

My mother is suffering with a blood clot and severe stomach pains after having bariatric surgery performed by Dr. Stewart. He has not been attentive at all since her surgery just a month ago. She is in enormous pain and Dr. Stewart is not taking this situation seriously. My family is extremely upset that a "doctor" could do their patients this way. Is this what the world has come to? You trust that a doctor with his many years of experience would be very knowledgeable and attentive to the complications after bariatric surgery. My mom is sitting in the hospital as we speak. She hasn't been the same since she had her surgery. We are praying for a miracle.

|  By pass ryn  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

My mom had surgery about a month a go. She is still having massive stomach pains and has been in and out the hospital since the sugery was performed by Dr.Daryl Stewart.He went out of town the day of the surgery and was not really concerned with her not being able to stomach water, protiens or anytype of fluids. She has not eaten anything in 4 days and can only eat about 2 a table spoon of applesauce once a week. She can't drink fluids at all or hold any food. When she does she complains that it feels like someone has punched her in her stomach.With the knowledge of this matter, there should be a descion made on futher emergency testing to figure out what else can be done, or if the doctor made a mistake to fix the problem.Futhermore nothing has been done.I'm deeply concerned about this matter because of my mother has only ate 4 teaspoons of food since the surgery about 30 days ago. She tried to see another doctor about the problem that she is having from the surgery but the doctor refused to treat her and told her to follow up with Dr.Stwart because they do not want to be held accountable for his action in case something is wrong, dew to Dr. Stweart poor performance. This is not a joke to put him down we just want to no what is going on and we are very affraid that she will not make a full recovery if we don't no what is going on and declined services that he can only fix, since all other Doctors are affraid to see my Mom.

|  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

The Doctor is good, But the staff no so much- Lack of Knowledge,Skills and information. Only one person can answer questions about insurance and if they are gone you will have to call back when they come back in the office. They never filed my paper work had to call back a week latter and they "got busy and forgot about it" A team is only good as the weakest link- doctor good- staff slopy.

|  Good Results  |  show details
by sidneyanne on Sep 30th, 2009

Dr. Stewart did a gastric bypass RNY on me in June of 2009. He sent me for testing beforehand so that he knew I would be safe in surgery. His staff worked with me so that I would know everything before the surgery. Dr. Stewart is very knowledgeable. I have had excellent results. I highly recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery.

|  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

He seems quite knowledgeable as does his PA, Sue Boce. Both spend ample time and answer your questions. Give you the information you need to make an informed choice about which gastric bypass procedure is best for your lifestyle and needs at his seminar.The other doctors, dieticians, etc, who work with this program give him high marks also.

|  Changed my life forever  |  show details
by ryanraider on Aug 13th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Darryl Stewart was a student of mine in junior high school. I later became principal and his mother worked for me. When I got up to 395 pounds, I knew that he was doing weight loss surgery. He was thorough in his preparations and exact in his technique. Now, two years and 5 months later, I now weigh in at 177 pounds and have lost 30 inches around my waist. All of the co-morbidities such as sleep apnea, acid reflux, Type II diabetes, and joint pain have disappeared. His follow-up has been tremenedous as well as his organization of our support group. If you are considering weight loss surgery, I highly recommend consulting Dr. Stewart.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com