Dr. Daryl Turner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daryl Turner?

October 26th, 2015

'Smug' is an understatement!

Good grief! I can't remember the last time I've dealt with a physician who was so smug, condescending and big-headed as this one! Because I nearly DIED of an erroneously diagnosed MRSA infection a few years ago, I went in the CCH ER on a Saturday night (at the suggestion of a nurse on a hotline) and I asked for a blood test (knowing full well there's a 72-hour incubation window for this test)....but preferring not to waste any time, based on my near fatal experience with MRSA. Well, the good doctor clearly thinks he is omniscient and omnipotent, and that patients don't have a brain in their heads... After visually 'looking at' my warm, reddish, swollen knee he pronounced that HE 'doesn't believe I have MRSA.' I had to push and insist to get the necessary blood test, until he relented. (And just for the sake of clarity, I HAVE insurance and was happy to pay my $250 co-pay in exchange for professional medical services, so I wasn't looking for anything for free!) After waiting 3 HOURS - although there was only ONE other person in the ER waiting area when I'd arrived - I was ready to give up and I went to the nurses' station to tell them I'd be leaving.... Right then, Dr. Turner said, "Oh, I was just about to get that blood culture!" How 'bout that, right?! He proceeded to tell me I should understand that they've been dealing with more important, critical patients.... blah, blah, blah.... I feel like 3+ hours IS being understanding! This guy was so obnoxious and condescending that I wouldn't want him to wait on my table or wash my car, let alone provide me medical care! (And just for the record, I've got numerous relatives and friends who are doctors and specialists that are much more credentialed than this big-headed guy and THEY can muster a polite, respectful decorum when dealing with people, so why can't Dr. Turner?) Now, I'm still awaiting the results on the blood culture, but if it comes back positive, I plan to visit Mr. Smug and discuss the results! isn't it nice to know that we can rely on a doctor's 'feeling' or 'vibe' to diagnose us???

October 2nd, 2015

Dr. Turner was the most compassionate physician that I have ever encountered. He is the best ER Doc. in Florida.

December 18th, 2014

I had to visit the Viera Hospital Emergency Room. After hours and hours of waiting, I finally saw Dr. Turner. And when I say finally saw him, it's pushing it. The man never came around the curtain, appeared to be hiding behind it. It had me wondering if he truly was a Dr. Dr. Turner is the most smug, arrogant, demeaning, better-than-thou Dr. I have ever encountered. His actions were as if I was a bother and beneath him. When I tried to ask questions, he rudely blew me off - and I mean rudely. His attitude was 'don't bother me with any questions'. He was mean/nasty & raised his voice several times in what I believe was an attempt to intimidate me to not ask any questions. Wow, I'm still in shock of the 'supposed' Dr. Upon leaving Viera Hospital and Dr. Turner, I knew nothing more than what I did going in. The rest of the staff @ the hospital were wonderful.

August 10th, 2016