Dr. Dasun Chen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 11th, 2016
unfair billing practices
Was told by staff he could treat tinnitus then after 10 min. in office exam said he does not and asked for $80.00 after which he later billed me $293.00. I feel victimized by staff and Dr. Chen.

May 17th, 2016
Great Doc!
Great doctor! I saw Dr. Chen in the ER at Hoag about 6 months ago. Since then, I have switched to him as my ENT doctor. I have Kaiser as my primary insurance. I don't mind having to pay out of pocket since Dr. Chen is not part of Kaiser. I've suffered from sinusitis since I was a teen and the problems have gotten progressively worse in my 30s. After Dr. Chen performed surgery on me 4 months ago, I feel like a totally new person. Being able to breathe and smell better has made everything worthwhile. Definitely recommend this doctor.

December 26th, 2015
Great surgeon
Dr. Chen saved my life. I was diagnosed with sinus cancer 8 years ago. Another surgeon had operated on me before I saw Dr. Chen. Unfortunately my cancer came back a year after. I saw Dr. Chen and got a second surgery performed. I have been cancer free for 7 years and counting.

August 6th, 2015
Snore Free
DR. Chen is great. I saw him for a breathing issue that I'd had for a while. I'd used a bunch of anti-snoring devices prescribe by my dentist. None of them worked. Who would have known that two simple in office procedures could solve the problem? Now my whole family sees him. I high recommend this great doctor without reservations.

March 23rd, 2015
Great Doc!
Great doctor! If you want a doctor who is not aggressive with treatment, spends times with you and who treats you like you matter, then this is the doctor to go. You might have a wait a little longer to see him but it's totally worth the wait. I have seen multiple ENTs in Newport Beach, thank God I finally came across Dr. Chen from a friend's referral.

January 5th, 2015
My Experience
I wish I had seen Dr. Chen sooner. I had been battling chronic sinusitis for a long time. I had seen multiple ENTs but none could really rid of the problem. I finally got a referral from a friend to see DR. Chen. It was a bit of a drive to Newport Beach so I was hesitant at first. Long story short, the drive is nothing compared to the treatment I received. DR. Chen performed surgery on me a few weeks later. It took a few weeks for me to really feel a change in my nose but I guess that’s because I’ve had this disease for so long. But anyways, I can breathe so much better now and kudos to DR. Chen.

October 1st, 2014
Four visits, each time wait time exceeds 50 minutes. Appears to overbook, and then relegate medicare patients to end of line. Then I missed an appt. (my fault), he insisted on a $25 fee, which I refused, considering the rude manner in which he made me wait an hour to see him. Appears to be a competent m.d., but with an "attitude."

April 15th, 2014
Review of the Doctor
Great doctor! Dr. Chen did balloon sinuplasty on me to help with my sinusitis that I had been battling for several years. The great thing about the whole process is that Dr. Chen was able to do it in his office which saved me a lot of money as opposed to doing it in a surgical center/hospital. The whole process only took about 2 hours and the results were amazing. Not to sound cliché, but I could finally smell the roses in my yard and the big plus is that everything tastes better. It was definitely a wise decision on my end.

January 20th, 2014
My Experience
I think Dr. Chen is a great doctor. He is very courteous and very by the book. He gets to the point and lets you know exactly what you need to do in order to solve the problem. I've had chronic sinusitis for years and it got to a point where it became my life. After getting the letter from my insurance that my plan was going to be cancelled starting 2014 I decided to get the surgery done. I had some minor inflammation after surgery which was to be expected. But right about a week after surgery, I started to notice that I could SMELL! I now appreciate everything so much more than before. The only problem I have to deal with now is watching my weight now that I am enjoying my food so much more. I am very grateful that I found Dr. Chen who truly did a wonderful job on my surgery.

November 20th, 2013
Doc Review
It took me awhile for me to see Dr. Chen but I am glad I waited. With this doctor, you get 1-on-1 attention because unlike most docs, he doesn't see multiple patients in one time slot. I have been to other ENTs in the past but I was never truely convinced of their diagnosis. Anyways, Dr. Chen really helped me understand the seriousness of my sinusitis with his thorough knowledge of the problem and also through visual aid. It was kinda cool to be able to see what's going on in my sinus on the tv monitor in the room. I plan to follow Dr. Chen's recommendations for treatment. I'd definitely recommend this doctor to my friends and family.

August 13th, 2013
I can finally breathe.
After reading all the reviews, I just have to tell my story. I’ve had a breathing problem ever since I could remember. My dad had it, so I figured that I probably got it from him. From my understanding it’s a deviated septum of some sort that blocks airflow from my nostrils. Anyways, I have consulted with multiple doctors in the area. A couple of them suggested a rhinoplasty to fix the problem. I was really hesitant about a rhinoplasty because not only is it pricey but I would have to be asleep to do it. I finally went to see Dr. Chen after hearing from my church friend how he had resolved his long-term breathing problem. I expected to hear the same thing from him as I had heard from numerous other ents in the area. Anyways, long story short, Dr. Chen was able to do the treatment ( I believe it’s called balloon sinuplasty) without having to put me to sleep. At first I was very nervous. But after I went along with it, it really wasn’t bad at all. I think the whole procedure only took 45 minutes. The results were amazing. I finally don’t feel like I have a perpetual cold that just wouldn’t go away. I would not say it’s a cure or anything because I still have the deformity, but it was a vast improvement. Not only that, I saved quite a bit of money. I was very impressed with the doctor and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has similar problems.

June 12th, 2013
My Thoughts on a Good Doctor
Dr. Chen really spends the time with his patients answering questions and concerns. Every time I go see him I always get his undivided attention. He is very straightforward and detailed. Yes, sometimes you have to wait awhile for your visit, but I think it is definitely worth it. My wife and I are very satisfied with Dr. Chen’s care.