A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dave Atkin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dave Atkin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dave Atkin, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkin graduated from University of California at Los Angeles.
Dr. Atkin has 12 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Atkin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 89 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 20 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans