Dr. Dave Chen MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Bethesda, MD

3.6

May 31st, 2016
Excellent Doctor!
Excellent, brilliant, efficient doctor. Answers online questions promptly and clearly.

July 18th, 2011
I would not recommend Dr. Chen
While Dr. Chen spent sufficient time with me during my initial visit, he failed to inform me on a timely manner about the results the tests he ordered. When he finally called a month after the results were ready, he seemed to want to cover up this fact by repeating the phrase "we have been monitoring your problem"... I wonder what extraordinary abilities he might have employed to "monitor" my condition since he simply refused to do anything about any of my symptoms prior to receiving the results of my tests... and since he forgot for a month to inform me that the ultrasound test has indicated a tumor! On top of this, he mentioned that I have scheduled an appointment with his "physician assistant", in other words, my scheduled already for a month appointment with him it not going to take place? I should meet instead with his assistant? This all seem very strange to me...

May 17th, 2011
Bethesda Primary Care experience
Great friendly staff- excellent physician.

October 11th, 2010
NOT AS ADVERTISED...
I AGREE WITH GILLIE 12. I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. WHEN I DECLINED TO TAKE A DRUG I HAD ALREADY TRIED AND COULD NOT TOLERATE, HE SAID IT WAS APPARENT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING CARE OF MYSELF!!! HIS ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS WERE VAGUE AT BEST. WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS OF A DRUG, I HAD TO PLAY 20 QUESTIONS AS IF IT WERE A BIG SECRET!!! HE KEPT HIS COMPUTER BETWEEN HIM AND ME LIKE A WALL...AFTER 4 VISITS, I CHANGED TO ANOTHER DOCTOR!

September 9th, 2010
not a people person; rushed
Dr. Chen has stellar qualifications but is not very warm or caring. He seems very busy. Dr.Chen appears unfamiliar with my records. He doesn't remember that a medication had no positive effect the first time he proscribed it--he suggested the medication a second time. He is sometimes argumentative and dismissive.