Dr. Dave Davis MD Patient Reviews

2.7

June 18th, 2016
A cruel psychiatrist
It's so called dr did not view me as a patient. He viewed me as his pyramid scheme. Would not pay attention to me-only obsessed about getting my family members as his additional patients. Though he recognized me as suffering. From agonizing depression, he did not avail me of a healing antidepressant until I agreed to bringing in my non depressed family members to pay him more money.

June 9th, 2016
This Doc in a Box may scare you. Beware.
Are you looking for a Doctor that will make you jump through flaming hoops while he digs through your wallet or purse for cash only expenses that will not only not help treat you in your time of need but will also leave you feeling insulted and cheated? Then Dr. Dave M. Davis, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A, F.A.B.F.P. is the man for you. Show up to your appointment early so that you can pay for your parking and get in the office on time before you are overlooked. Did you get there on time? Great, now wait to be told that the good Doctor will not be showing up today to meet with you. Thirty minutes into your wait you hear, "He should coming in soon we think, I tried to call him but I could not get a hold of him. But he might be on his way soon." I tried on three different occasions to meet with the good Doctor and get the treatment that I was promised from day one, however, over four days and $200 later I was only told to hit the road and don't come back. At least I was told "good luck". Well, thank you Dr. Davis. Needless to say I will be trying a different program with a Doctor who can keep his/her appointment and will treat their patients with the respect and care that the need and deserve.

February 6th, 2016
Very wise as well as intelligent. Has a sense of humor.

September 15th, 2015
He is always prompt and direct. He knows what he is doing unlike other psychiatrist. He actually does both Therapy and Medication Management. One Stop Shop....which saves me time off from work.

July 12th, 2015
Wonderful caring clinic

May 13th, 2015
The only thing prompt about this doctor is that he gets up from his chair 5 mins. before your appointment is over to let you know he's done. Awful, hateful man who made me listen to more about his life then he listened to me and my problems.

December 19th, 2014
Okay, if it was not for Dr. Davis, I do not know where in the world I would be. Probably dead...He has helped me in so many ways that it is unbelievable. I am reading some of these reviews, Yes there are 23-25 pages of paperwork, and Yes he has strict rules but, We Need to be Responsible and Accountable. If not when? When would we take responsibility? I do not know, how we can think we are so self righteous and then turn around put other people down. Why? Does it make ourselves better? Is it because we do not want to do the work to get to where we need to be? I admit, this has not been an easy road for me, but I have come so far and he has made an incredible difference in my life. Dr. Davis is the best.

April 10th, 2014
No complaint here
I'm confused by these reviews, because he's great. I've been a patient off and on for over 10 years, and have never received anything but the best treatment. He's empathic, and honest. He's helped me turn my life into something that I'm proud to of, and have made large changes. He won't let you use his practice as a revolving door to get prescriptions, so if you're just looking to get meds, then go somewhere else.

July 3rd, 2013
Horrible
Saw this guy for years as I was in a vulnerable state, and wasn't Davy about proper psychiatric care. I am now a practitioner in my own right, and he is my model for how NOT to be with patients: arrogant, thoughtless, disrespectful and self-serving.

April 9th, 2013
Never less impressed with a physician
I was present at the hospital when this physician "evaluated" a friend of mine at Piedmont. All I can say is I've never been as unimpressed by a physician in all my life as what I witnessed with Dave Davis. The other descriptions on this site are accurate. Davis was abrupt, uncaring, impatient, condescending, and extremely rude. My friend was sleeping and recovering from a traumatic event when he entered the room. With barely more than an introduction, he abruptly launched into a battery of prying questions. When her responses weren't fast enough, he angrily said "I've got things to do and don't have time to waste. So, if you want help you better speak up." I couldn't believe my ears and was disgusted at the level of discourtesy and hostility I witnessed from Dr. Davis. My friend was so upset that she couldn't continue and was told his services were not needed. My friend was in need of a concerned physician who cared enough to accurately diagnose her condition and compassionate enough to help her in a difficult time. I assume that this describes most patients for whom a psychiatric referral is indicated. That is why I'm amazed that Dr. Davis is a psychiatrist. I honestly cannot fathom him being helpful or beneficial to any psychiatric patient ... other than a masochist. Perhaps Dr. Davis chose psychiatry with the hope it would be financially lucrative. I can't imagine another reason for his career choice. I cannot recommend this physician for any medical purpose or service. His abrupt and intemperate persona is ill-suited for that of a physician, in my opinion. The only vocation for which Dr. Davis appears suited is that of a prison guard, and I suspect he would make a poor one at that.

January 23rd, 2012
Agree with other ratings...find another doctor
I do not want to speak bad about this doctor as a person, but the office visits (I actually saw him 3 times)and felt that I was being "nickeled & dimed" and was told one thing on the first visit (about my diagnosed condition) and then on the second visit was given a completely different answer (I questioned what he had stated from the initial visit as it seemed way-off base). The last visit...mentioned my diagnosis...and to my shock was told, "You don't have that." His communication could be much better. Don't waste your time. You have to fill out 20-25 pages of history...and I was as accuarte as possible and honestly felt as if none of it mattered. There is something not right about this picture. I should have never given this doctor the "benefit of the doubt" as long as I did. If you choose this doctor, be prepared to waste alot of your hard earned money. Also, the US army has fewer rules and expectations to follow than this doctor expects of his patients.Patients are stressed enough! Choose wisely.