A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Allan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Allan
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Allan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Allan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lyme Disease
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Raynaud Disease
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Allan graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Allan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David A Allan MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. David A. Allan practice?
- Dr. David Allan has 1 office location.
Dr. David Allan practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists and Philadelphia Rheumatologists.