A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Allan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Allan
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Allan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Allan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lyme Disease
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Raynaud Disease
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Allan graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Allan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David A Allan MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. David A. Allan practice?
- Dr. David Allan has 1 office location.
Dr. David Allan practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists and Philadelphia Rheumatologists.