A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Allan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Allan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lyme Disease
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Raynaud Disease
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Allan graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Allan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Allan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David A. Allan practice?
Dr. David Allan practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Occupational Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Radnor, PA and Berwyn, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Rheumatologists, and Philadelphia Preventive Medicine Specialists.