Internists

15005 Shady Grove Rd
Ste 410
Rockville, MD 20850
301-738-8846
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Avoid this quack. Incorrect diagnoses - that's plural - one nearly ruined a European holiday  |  show details
by Jeremy N on Aug 13th, 2014

I stayed on at this practice after the best physician I've ever had died, sadly from cancer at age 55. David Charles bought the practice along with a chance to serve hundreds (maybe more) patients of the later Robert Millman, M.D. I am sure that most of them have left as I did. This man literally would look at his watch if I had more than one or two questions or reports about my health issues. Many medical situations reported to him were never noted and I would have to repeat them and try to remember dates for his staff. And that is a sad issue too - staff. The great American business goal: larger and larger bottom line. He terminated three sharp, professional middle aged women staffers whom I had known since the Dr Millman days. They were replaced by very obviously much lower paid, far less qualified young 20 somethings. One was recruited from southern Maryland to be office manager or some such function. She was awful. Her poor grasp of the language, her slang, her lack of personal boundries were shocking. When my wife drove to the off

|  show details
by J Ova on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr Charles is fine, it is the staff that is incompetent.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by Donna Gill on May 13th, 2013

We got off to a rough start-but once he saw I wasn't bothered at all by his race, he started warming up to me . He listens very carefully to me now, and if he thinks I need a specialist, will send me to a good one. I respect and like him!

|  Lousy bedside manner and lousy diagnostician  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 27th, 2013

He has a negative aura that casts off the vibe that he does not really care about the patient. Very impatient and grumpy. Innacurate diagonisis. There are much better docs in Rockville.

|  Follow-up Appointments  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

Calls from the pharmacist on behalf of patient are not addressed. Requires patient to call office and often it requires an appointment with the doctor.

|  Fast is not always best  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2011

The wait was quick, I was in and out. But Dr Charles was not pleasant and at one point asked "Do you even know where you live?" after I told him twice I had JUST moved to the area and didn't know what pharmacy he should send my prescription to. Did not return my hello when he entered the room, walked out twice when he forgot something and didnt say where he was going, just walked out. I felt like he hated his job and I was ruining his lunch break or something.Went in for an ear infection. He jabbed the scope into my ear hard, it hurt. I figured this was normal until I was in the ER next day with excruciating pain and that doctor didn't hurt me at ALL. The ER doctor warmed the scope and then gently moved it in slowly. The doctor in the ER also said he was surprised my experience with Dr Charles was painful and surprised that I was given no information on what to expect with an ear infection. He then doubled my small antibacterial prescription, recommended anti inflammatory for the swelling and actually gave me ten minutes worth of info and what to expect and how to help with the pain. My expensive trip to the ER could have been prevented had Dr Charles done the same for me. I'm not looking to be babied, I'm just looking to be informed and given relief.Will not be returning to Dr Charles' office. It's too bad because his office and nursing staff was excellent!

|  Horrible.  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

I Have been seeing Dr. David Charles for a year and hands down I think this is one of the worst doctor's I seen in my life. I had a let injury and without getting a MRI he gave me a cortisone shot and I found out he injected it in the wrong muscle. Additional to this I been very sick for while now going in and out of the ER and every time he was called by the Hospital I was in he never returned phone calls. He never followed up on my test results or anything. I would strongly recommend anyone to not go to this doctor.

|  Very good doctor  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr. Charles is not very talkative so at first his bedside manner seems a little cool. However, he is thorough and professional and is very attentive. He listens closely to what I have to say and has always been able to assist me with any health issues I may have. I highly recommend him.

|  not good enough.staff unreliable  |  show details
May 17th, 2010

I was never able to speak with Dr. Charles.Had to leave messages to receptionist.Without cause, his assistance dropped me from his practice,I am 80 yrs old and quite ill.I never received a call or a letter from the doctor.

|  A doctor I trust  |  show details
by Steve I. on Aug 28th, 2009

I've had several doctors over the past 20 years to help manage a long-term health problem. Dr. Charles has provided expert guidance, care and knowledge of the problem and has offered quality advice.I would certainly recommend him to friends & family.

|  Dr. David A. Charles is an EXCELLENT doctor!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2009

Dr. David A. Charles was very caring. He listened to my concerns and provided EXCELLENT recommendations. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. David A. Charles!

|  Poor patient skills  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2008

Dr. charles is not very good. Stay away