inactive

David A Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 24th, 2015
Seems unfocused
Seemed very disorganized, was not prepared for our visit he had not looked over testing yet, ran hour late for appt and kept leaving exam room. Visited 2 other patients during our appt! Seems like a nice guy?

May 21st, 2015
Awesome
Best neurologist I have seen since my head injury in 2000.

March 15th, 2015
Dr. Cohen treated me for migraines. He overprescribed to the point that my pharmacist cautioned me about taking too hand drugs that could negatively affect my central nervous system. I contacted his office and spoke with his nurse, informing her that I was much too sleepy all day. She replied that there was nothing that could be done. I went to sleep at the wheel and a ha car wreck on I-285. I am very fortunate to have survived although I did have several surgeries due to the airbag. This was in 1996. I never considered taking legal action against Dr. Cohen, but I do believe he over prescribes and poses a serious danger to his patients.

February 16th, 2015
Waited over 3 weeks to get an appt. Waited over an hour to see the doctor on the day of my appt. The doctor barely listened to me and just jumped to a diagnosis and didn't want to answer my questions. Front desk staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful. The only caring person there was the physicians assistant to took my blood pressure.

August 8th, 2013
Finally relief from migraines!
After experiencing migraines for over 20 yrs, I had yet to find a neurologist who finally was able to help me get them under control and live a life where on the few occasions that they occur, I can abort them. I've stayed at headache clinics, many trips to the ER and have gone to several neurologists who have wanted to either treat me too conservatively with little to no results or too aggressively, including induced comas and medications that have caused my muscles to atrophy. Dr. Cohen is not only proactive in prevention but is knowledgeable and has helped me greatly to abort migraines when they come on and peak. He spends time with me, has a warm bedside manner and his staff is very friendly. Dr. David Cohen has been a lifesaver to me and I am grateful to have found him.

June 4th, 2013
I've been a patient of Dr. Cohen for 10+ years. He's treated me for migraines and sleeping problems. During the past 2 years he has been abrupt with my concerns and when I was telling him something he'd say: "Stop." Today when he decided to be finished with me he told me to come with him. I thought he was taking me elsewhere to continue to examine me, as I had other questions to ask him. No, instead he walked me to the hall and had his nurse to finish filling out prescriptions to give me for sleep and headaches. He left. I told his front in administrator and nurse that I had additional questions and concerns but wasn't able to talk with him more as he dismissed me. I said that I plan to change doctors. They were both sympathetic. The nurse said he's abrupt to other patients sometimes.

September 11th, 2012
Dr. Cohen and his staff are warm, knowledgeable and compassionate. I have a difficult case but feel that my concerns were listened to and questions answered as much as possible.

July 23rd, 2012
Don't waste your time...trapped in the stone ages
I was referred to Dr. Cohen as a 2nd opinion of my current medical condition Fibromyalgia as well as some other issues I was having with balance and motor skills of my hand. After having me watch his finger, make me walk 6 steps & and touch my nose he said "back in the day they would have scared these problems out of you, it's not a medical issue." Basically telling me I am crazy are you kidding me he spent 5 whole minutes never even did any sort of physical exam, testing, nothing with me. This Dr is obviously in the stone ages he is a nice enough guy. He just wanted to give me medication. I will tell you though his staff was extremely kind to bad I will NOT be going back to the QUACK they work for!

April 4th, 2012
Outdated and uninformed doctor.
Will not go back to this doctor. He is not knowledgeable about the latest FDA approved neurological treatments leaving me to go elsewhere for answers. He was very detailed and methodical in his approach, but that approach seemed to be very outdated. He does not use the latest technology to make a diagnosis and the equipment he had was very antiquated. He was not able to comprehend any questions that did not "fit in his box". When I attempted to ask questions, despite my being very respectful and polite, he was condescending and narrow-minded. My appointment lasted almost three hours and at least half of that time was spent waiting for him while he juggled another patient and multiple drug reps. Very disappointed.