Dr. David Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Seattle, WA

• Good
  • Bad

September 20th, 2015
Didn't listen to me, and gave poor information.
Five years ago, I had an intestinal blockage. Scared and in a lot of pain while in the ER, I volunteered that I had an uncle that had Crohn's disease. After scoping me, Dr. Gilbert told me that he was 99.9% sure that I had Crohn's disease/Ulcerative Colitis DESPITE the fact that I'd only ever had an acute blockage and no other symptoms. And I mean that, I had ZERO other symptoms of digestive disorder. Having a misdiagnosis would be fine if Dr. Gilbert hadn't recommended I start taking Remicaid immediately. Remicaid, mind you, is known to increase the likelihood of developing cancer in men under the age of 30, at the time of diagnosis I was 29. After a five years of searching for other answers that actually fit my health profile and very good digestive health (which occasionally only took a turn a few days after eating dairy), I finally stumbled upon some information that lined up with my symptoms; Casein A1 intolerance. Encouraged, I went to my GP and asked if there was a way to test for Casein A1 intolerance, since my digestive distress only ever occurred within 24 hours of ingesting milk products AND hadn't happened while eating dairy in France and Italy, where they use cows that produce A2 protein, not A1. My GP thought it was an "interesting" theory as he knows my medical history and my overall good health. Turns out, I am HIGHLY allergic to casein A1. I am so glad I did not trust Dr. Gilbert and his staff. While I was admitted, they could not satisfactorily answer inconsistencies in my diagnosis, but they were VERY sure of themselves. Further, they pushed potentially harmful medicine on me, and thankfully I refused. If I had accepted, we'd be looking at a malpractice lawsuit right now.

October 1st, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr Gilbert is one of the best GI doctors in the state. Even people in the GI business send patients to him. He is a wonderful person as well as a skilled and knowledgeable MD. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to ANYone.

October 3rd, 2009
i would definetly recomend this docter he has been my docter for my chrons disease for about 15 years and is an excellent listener and docter . is very calm and kind you feel like you are his only patient but he has alot and they all get his un divided attention at appts on the phone and in the endoscopy unit which he make very plesant for all. very nice person

October 19th, 2016