Dr. David Godwin, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Absolute Perfect Care with a cancer scare show details Absolute Perfect Care with a cancer scare
by Jonda M-G on May 6th, 2016

Dr. Godwin could not have been more professional, compassionate and gentle with a recent cancer scare that led to a quick D&C. I just left his office and I luckily received post-op "all clear" good news. I feel very blessed that my GP Doctor recommended Dr. Godwin. I wish that I could give him 10 gold stars for the excellent care!!!

by Crystin on Mar 22nd, 2016

After experiencing painful periods for most of my adult life, I finally found someone who could help me. I was also having a hard time conceiving when my friend who is a nurse told me I should go see Dr. David Godwin. She said he was one of the best gynecologists around. He found out that I had poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. He helped me so much and I can now say I am 6 months pregnant with our first child. I can't say enough good things about him. He always took plenty of time with me and was very easy to talk to.

Mrs show details Mrs
by Lisa Greene on Nov 10th, 2015

Dr. Godwin is a very caring physician. He always takes the time to listen to my problems and never seems to want to rush my visit. His office staff is also very considerate. I noticed that he has received an award for showing compassion to his patients and I understand why he got this because he has such a good bedside manner. I would definitely recommend him to other women.

Apr 16th, 2015

He made me feel very comfortable.

Absolutely, one of the BEST of the BEST doctors! show details Absolutely, one of the BEST of the BEST doctors!
by Julie on Nov 7th, 2014

Dr. Godwin has been my OB/GYN doctor for almost 23 years now. He was a brand new doctor when I started seeing him, yet I felt comfortable and safe with him the day I first met him. He delivered my twin daughters 22 years ago by c-section. I was a high risk pregnancy and had to be on bed rest and medication to keep me from going into labor after I almost lost them at 12 weeks. He saved their lives. Suffering from endometriosis for years prior to and after the twins, and after trying several forms of treatment, I eventually opted to have a partial hysterectomy and Dr. Godwin was once again in the operating room with me. So, in a way, I feel that he saved my life as well because I had no quality of life and was in a lot of pain. Dr. Godwin is a very professional and a very caring doctor. He listened to me. He talked TO me, not over or around me. He would take time to really explain options that I had for my treatment and he made sure that I understood. He always spoke to me with dignity and respect, never talking down to me when I asked a ton questions. He was there for me during two of the most life changing events that a woman can go through and I always felt (and still do) grateful to have such a wonderful doctor on my side taking care of me. He is still my GYN and I highly recommend him!

Hysterectomy show details Hysterectomy
by E. Smith on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Godwin did a wonderful job! I had fibroid tumors apparently for a long time and wasn't diagnosed by my other health care provider. In a matter of minutes I had a diagnosis and was scheduled for surgery. I was in the hospital for only 1 day! I highly recommend this doctor. Thanks Doc!

DaVinci Hysterectomy = Walk in the park show details DaVinci Hysterectomy = Walk in the park
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Godwin performed a DaVinci Hysterectomy and I am amazed at how simple and relatively pain-free the entire procedure and recovery were. I had previous c-sections in decades past which were miserably experiences, and I was dreading a hysterectomy. If I had known what a piece of cake this would be, I would have saved myself months of worry. Dr. Godwin and his staff are extremely professional, caring, friendly and competent. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Aug 29th, 2012

Dr Godwin has been my gynecologist for 7 years or more. The practice was originally recommended to me by coworkers. They didn't give me a name of the doctor they saw. I was assigned Dr.Godwin, I was so lucky. He is perfect and takes time to listen and has a great bedside manner. He always is encouraging and offers you choices.

delivery show details delivery
by Sybil W. on Jun 19th, 2012 on doctor.com

excellant job with the birth of my first grand child always including the new grand mother did a good job of including everyone and explaining what wa ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
da vinci surgery show details da vinci surgery
Jul 21st, 2011

My family dr referred me to this doctor. I did no research of quality and was pleasantly and professionally surprised. He is skilled at what he does and has very good bedside manners. I highly recommend.

Oct 19th, 2009

Excellent physician! Very caring, knowledgeable, and personable!

Great bedside manner show details Great bedside manner
Oct 15th, 2009

felt very comfortable. answered all questions