Dr. David Godwin, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  Absolutely, one of the BEST of the BEST doctors!  |  show details
by Julie on Nov 7th, 2014

Dr. Godwin has been my OB/GYN doctor for almost 23 years now. He was a brand new doctor when I started seeing him, yet I felt comfortable and safe with him the day I first met him. He delivered my twin daughters 22 years ago by c-section. I was a high risk pregnancy and had to be on bed rest and medication to keep me from going into labor after I almost lost them at 12 weeks. He saved their lives. Suffering from endometriosis for years prior to and after the twins, and after trying several forms of treatment, I eventually opted to have a partial hysterectomy and Dr. Godwin was once again in the operating room with me. So, in a way, I feel that he saved my life as well because I had no quality of life and was in a lot of pain. Dr. Godwin is a very professional and a very caring doctor. He listened to me. He talked TO me, not over or around me. He would take time to really explain options that I had for my treatment and he made sure that I understood. He always spoke to me with dignity and respect, never talking down to me when I asked a ton questions. He was there for me during two of the most life changing events that a woman can go through and I always felt (and still do) grateful to have such a wonderful doctor on my side taking care of me. He is still my GYN and I highly recommend him!

|  Hysterectomy  |  show details
by E. Smith on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Godwin did a wonderful job! I had fibroid tumors apparently for a long time and wasn't diagnosed by my other health care provider. In a matter of minutes I had a diagnosis and was scheduled for surgery. I was in the hospital for only 1 day! I highly recommend this doctor. Thanks Doc!

|  DaVinci Hysterectomy = Walk in the park  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Godwin performed a DaVinci Hysterectomy and I am amazed at how simple and relatively pain-free the entire procedure and recovery were. I had previous c-sections in decades past which were miserably experiences, and I was dreading a hysterectomy. If I had known what a piece of cake this would be, I would have saved myself months of worry. Dr. Godwin and his staff are extremely professional, caring, friendly and competent. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

Dr Godwin has been my gynecologist for 7 years or more. The practice was originally recommended to me by coworkers. They didn't give me a name of the doctor they saw. I was assigned Dr.Godwin, I was so lucky. He is perfect and takes time to listen and has a great bedside manner. He always is encouraging and offers you choices.

|  delivery  |  show details
by Sybil W. on Jun 19th, 2012 on doctor.com

excellant job with the birth of my first grand child always including the new grand mother did a good job of including everyone and explaining what wa ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  da vinci surgery  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

My family dr referred me to this doctor. I did no research of quality and was pleasantly and professionally surprised. He is skilled at what he does and has very good bedside manners. I highly recommend.

|  show details
Oct 19th, 2009

Excellent physician! Very caring, knowledgeable, and personable!

|  Great bedside manner  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2009

felt very comfortable. answered all questions