Dr. David Kriegel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Kriegel?

"Nuisance Billing"

Posted on May 9th, 2016

The medical care of the physicians at Manhattan Center For Dermatology is OK. They billed me for a procedure which they never performed and their office staff is either incompetent or dishonest. I went in for skin cancer screening, which was covered 100% under my Insurance "Well Care". However, the PA or the office staff incorrectly coded the bill as "Medical Diagnoses" rather than Preventive Care. I spoke with the PA (Alison) about removing a skin tag. However, since that was not covered, I decided against it (I DID NOT HAVE THE SKIN TAG REMOVED). Somehow, they billed the Insurance for both a diagnostic visit and skin tag removal. When I received a bill for the co-pay amount. I immediately called the Insurance company, got an EOB (Explanation of Benefits). I then contacted the office staff at Manhattan Center For Dermatology. Explained that they had incorrectly coded the bill wrong and also billed me for service I had never received (IE the skin tag removal). I explained to the woman, in detail (as above) what they did wrong with regards to billing. At that point I thought the case was settled. However, every 3 to 6 months I would receive another bill in the mail. I will call up and speak to another "office manager" . Three months ago I received another invoice. I promptly called the office and this time explained to a Michael, what had gone, he assured me that the error was their part and he would resolve it. I said, if they did not, I would be reporting them to the New York State Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC). Today in the mail I received a letter from a Collections Attorney "demanding payment" . So in addition to warning potential patients about Manhattan Center For Dermatology's "nuisance billing" (hoping most people don't bother looking at their bill and just pay them). I will be reporting this office for unethical behavior specifically for billing me and the insurance company for a procedure which they never did.

Posted on March 20th, 2012

Dr. Kriegel is a caring and expert Mohs surgeon and dermatologist. He is one of the best Mohs surgeons around.

Great dermatologist in NYC

Posted on January 22nd, 2012

Dr. Kriegel cares for his patients and is very knowledgeable. He takes his time and doesn't rush you or try to push unnecessary treatments on you.

Wonderful Doctor, Dreadful Staff

Posted on May 16th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Kriegel. He is extremely caring, intelligent and explains things to his patients in an understandable language (note: not condescending as many doctors with his resume are!) However, his office staff (front desk and office manager) couldn't be worse. They're truly the worse staff I've ever encountered anywhere, let alone a doctor's office. You have to call continuously to make sure that they give the doctor a message, they won't return your phone calls and they are extremely disorganized (they lose patient's charts, etc.) Dr. Kriegel is *TRULY* an exceptional doctor, but dealing with his front desk staff and office manager is a nightmare.

Great Physician

Posted on May 3rd, 2010

Dr. Kriegel is a great physician. He's very cordial, non-condescending, and attentive to your issues and needs. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, a good listener, gentle and open minded. His diagnosis was spot on and treatment was expedient and effective. I highly recommend him.

LaserDermatologyNYC.com is Dr. Kriegel's site

Posted on September 12th, 2008

Best dermatologist in the whole wide world ;) I love him!!

Posted on November 17th, 2017