Dr. David Maybee MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2017
Thank you.
My name is Tami Harvick Bardee, I am almost 52 years old. In 1977 Dr. Maybee and God saved my life. He diagnosed me with Acute Tcell Leukemia and told my parents I had less than a 2% chance of living. He and Dr. Holton came up with a protocol for chemo and I am alive and well and living in Allen,TX. I was 11 years old. My dad, a marine, was stationed at Kaneohe Air Force Base, Oahu, Hawaii. I was sick for many weeks and my parents took me to Tripler Army Hospital in Honolulu. My parents were told I probably wouldn't live. I did. They were told I probably wouldn't be able to have children because of the chemo. I have 2 beautiful kids, Nicholas is 27 and daughter Jordan is almost 24. Everything was very experimental back then. I took chemo for 3 years and have had almost no problems except in June of 2009 I was diagnosed with 5 brain tumors, Menengiomas. Dr Barnett, Baylor Hospital in Dallas, told me they were caused by the radiation treatment. One tumor was the size of an egg on the very top of my brain and was surgically removed. The other 4 were 2-4mm and were blasted with Radio Surgery. I don't remember much from those years, thankfully, there was a lot of pain, but I do remember how kind and caring Dr. Maybee was to me and my family. I will NEVER forget him! Thank you Dr. Maybee!!!

May 27th, 2009