inactive

David A Paulson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 4th, 2013
I Like Dr Paulson
I have been going to see Dr. Paulson for about 3 years. In that time I have come to understand what a good MD he is. I will have to admit the first few times I saw him I thought he was a little strange, but now I know his personality and he really is not. Also the first few times I went to him he had another girl in the front office that was not good. Not good at answering the phone, returning calls, or anything else really. Now that he has Tracy working there it is so much better. She helps any way she can. Calling in prescriptions, getting them written and signed. She does answer the phone, if she is busy she will return your call. I think she solved most of his problems. He's still a little slow getting patients in on time, but not as bad as he used to be. All in all I really think he is a great doctor.

August 8th, 2013
I have been to this office twice. My first appointment after sitting in the waiting area for over 30 minutes, I asked the receptionist to confirm my appointment time before I walk out. She said she would let the Dr. know that I was upset. Still, another ten minutes before he called me into his office. Today at my 1:00 PM appointment, I arrived ten minutes early. I could not see anyone in the office, but sat down to wait. Another patient, said she had been waiting since 12:00 to pick up a prescription. At 12:25, the Dr. came out of his office, and asked the now two other ladies what they wanted. So he was apparently trying to help them. He was able to help one and the other was left standing there as he took a call and went back to his office and shut the door. Thirty seven minutes after my scheduled appointment, I went into the office area and left a note for them to call me. I walked out at 40 minutes. It is now 4:05 PM and I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM YET. I have recently moved from Indiana to South Carolina, started a new job, and learned that my wife of 27 years decided she was going to stay with her family instead of moving with me, and hating me for wanting to be near my family. With all that is going on, plus the divorce, having to support that house and try to live in SC, I am really stressed and need help. But apparently Paulson doesn't think so. No respect or common courtesy from this individual.

March 29th, 2012
doctor not calling back when there was an emergency taking place
I visited Dr. Paulson the first time with Great expectations that he would be able to help me. He changed my medication and winged me off my medications by adding a new medication called (Viibryd tm). Within days of taking this medicine my family and I noticed a difference in my behavior.I was crying all the time, bad anxiety attacks,suicidal thoughts,thinking I was seeing things that weren't there, even grabing out at them. I had a total meltdown. I called and left a message for the doctor to get back with me but he never called! My Mother called to let them know the seriousness of my anxiety and that we needed the doctor to let us know what to do. Well he never returned her call. We were left to handle it on our own. This is something that should not have happened with the doctor not following through with a new medication. We considered this incompetent in his part. When time came for my follow up visit call; I made it clear how I felt about his incompetency and no I wouldn't be keeping the visit and there would be no more visits in the future.

June 11th, 2010
excellent diagnostic skills
I have suffered from severe mental health problems for 20 years. Dr. Paulson took the time to review past charts and critically assess my history. I am now able to return to work and function at the highest level I have ever functioned thanks to finally being properly diagnosed.

February 11th, 2010
Refuses to properly commit my wife to an institution where she needs to have her medicine supervised. She has been diagnosed with paranoid schitzophrenia and he has had her mental health history on file for 3 years! My wife can be tactful and charming, and he could not see thru her so his diagnosis of bi-polar and only giving her 300 mg of Seroquel has gone on for over three years. Both of my wife's daughters have tried to convince him otherwise as well as me. He's a nice guy and very personable, but too slow and responsive