A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Rockwell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Rockwell is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rockwell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rockwell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Rockwell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Rockwell graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Rockwell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- New Hanover Regional M.C.
- Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Cape Fear Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David A Rockwell MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David A. Rockwell practice?
- Dr. David Rockwell has 7 office locations.
Dr. David Rockwell practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Wilmington, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Goldsboro, NC and Jacksonville, NC.
See Wilmington Surgeons.