inactive

David A Ruben MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

June 6th, 2016
In it for the money
This guy overbooks, then makes you wait; at least an hour was standard. I once waited almost three hours. If you had to get back to work and tried to reschedule, you were charged with a missed appointment fee. I have to give him credit for nerve. Since he only spent 5-10 minutes with me each time, I can't imagine how many people he saw in a day. Not worth the time, let alone the money.

February 15th, 2015
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!
If you want to be treated like dirt, then this is the place for you. I went there for 6 years and kept telling myself that I would rather live in pain than to be treated like they treat all of their patients. I sat there (for up to 7 hours) and waited for at least 1 hr. every time. Believe me you see and hear a lot, in addition to getting the same treatment, no matter what. I was one of the best patients they had. Never a no show, paid when I was supposed, etc. It didn't mean anything, they just kept on trying to get more and more money out of you! Always making mistakes with the ins. billing codes too! When confronted, they never tried to correct them, either. Even tho they said that they would. The last time that I was there, 3 weeks after my last appointment, there was a paper on the wall, saying CASH ONLY! $180.00. NO CHECKS! Nice huh? They never let me know anything in advance. That was the final draw! I had the money but decided that I wasn't going to let them treat me like that any longer. It is abusive, taking advantage of people who are in pain, just because they can! I have level 8+pain and will live that way before I will ever go back! I could go on and on, trust me. They should be closed down!

July 2nd, 2013
Providing care for the poor and under served in pain
I have been to see Dr. Ruben four times, he has seen my husband for several years. I credit Dr. Ruben with saving my husbands life and in helping him by prescribing a variety of medications to finally stabilize his depression and paranoia problems. Prior to Dr. Ruben, my husbands conditions were treated with meds that either did nothing or just knocked him out, now we are socializing and life is as close to normal as possible. I credit Dr. Rubens willingness to "try something else". Dr. Ruben is interested in what is working and what is not, his goal is to have you functioning in your life and community. He does not want you knocked out or high or a danger to yourself and community. So he may adjust your medications. He is responsible to help you make good decisions concerning your health. He must also comply with federal and DEA to maintain his licenses and insurances so that he can continue to practice medicine. He is not here to provide you with free medical care or give you medicines that YOU think you need or deserve. You are paying him to be your doctor, for his advice and experience. Because medicine is not an exact science and new medications are being approved everyday, what works for one person may not for the next. I believe Dr. Ruben is doing his best, given the variables he faces daily. You may or may not agree with him. However, you can go elsewhere and can have another opinion. That is the best part about this great country, freedom to choose. Next and when considering all of these horrible reviews, it is true Dr. Rubens office is not elegant. He serves a large number of people who are uninsured, some patients without checking accounts, some in pain, some with a variety of mental disorders. These are patients which many doctors just do not want to treat, they are too complex and take too much professional time. These patients are left with little or no treatment options because they are difficult. Dr. Ruben is expected to make medically accurate diagnosis and recommend treatment, then consider if the patient is able to afford the treatment. If a patient is not able to afford treatment, whether it is medicine or alternative, it is worthless. Unfortunately, he must also do his best to keep out the addicts and people faking pain issues for medications, These are the people who make it difficult for those who have actual pain. They take his time and yours and make it harder and more expensive for you to get the treatment and medications you need. And so he must administer urine tests and may count your pills, to make sure your are compliant with your treatment plan, all of this takes time, but is necessary and is regulated by the state. In providing these many levels of care and to stay compliant to ever changing state regulations, often his office and staff and his appointments back up, each patient is different. As doctors close practices or begin to select patients because of pressure from the government or DEA, patients who will be without health care will be the poor, uninsured and mentally complex. These patients are our neighbors, family and friends. Dr. Ruben and his staff show up everyday and try to wade thru the most difficult of cases, while keeping his license and his practice within state regulation. If you have insurance and need marble countertops, this is not your office. Dr. Rubens office is far from the "normal" doctor office, it often very crowded. There are people of all ages, some with mental disorders, some in pain, some insured, some not. He will take the time he needs with you to determine proper treatment, some appointments take over an hour, so bring a book. At times, Dr. Rubens office may seem chaotic, but in considering the alternative to not having a provider who will accept these patients and still willing to comply with charting and ever changing state regulations, this office provides for many, a vital community service.

June 2nd, 2013
Do NOT waste your time, health or money
Dr Ruben and his Nurse Practioner are cutting all of thei patients pain medications by more than half and offering no alternatives. 90 percent of the pharmacists will not fill his prescriptions. He is in it for the money only. Now I'm in severe pain trying to find a REAL Dr,

April 3rd, 2013
over books appointments and takes forever . Get ready to spend about 2-4hours in office

October 29th, 2012
REPORTING HIM TO THE MEDICAL BOARD
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS DOCTOR IS CHARGING HIS PATIENTS A $50 DOLLAR "PAIN CLASS" FEE, ASIDE FROM THE SELF PAY TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS. HES ALL ABOUT $$$$KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HELPING OTHERS, WILL WRITE SCRIPTS FOR ANYTHING AT THE RIGHT PRICE.

September 18th, 2012
Not good
quick to diagnose. poor office staff, rude and unprofessional. This guy seems like a burn out. Can't return phone calls. Very bad.

August 28th, 2012
We will not be returning to him. I have never delt with such an incompatant office staff. His office in Sierra fiesta is sub standard. We waited over 2 hours to be seen the first time. There was nothing professional a bout dealing with this doctor or office.

June 8th, 2012
Worthless
I went to this doctor seeking help for a Valium addiction. All he was interested in was in how much money he could get from he. He had no understanding that benzodiazepines have to be tapered off slowly. He just wanted to switch me to methadone, which would have just made me dependent on yet another drug. This person should not be practicing addiction medicine. I am calling CIGNA and complaining. His office staff kept trying to get me to pay a "$50 deposit" to ensure I'd show up for all future appointments. Would I get the money back when treatment was complete? No. This guy has no ethics, and his staff is rude, arrogant and condescending.

November 6th, 2011
Stay away! There are real doctors out there!
We waited almost 2 weeks for someone from his office to call us back because he can not even write out a prescription correctly. My wife went without her phyc medication for 2 weeks because of this. We had to wait until our next appointment because they "don't fax prescriptions to pharms without seeing patients" When we showed up at my wife's appt 20 minutes early, it was 2 hours after that that my wife was seen! The office staff "verified" our co pay at $20, when I know for a fact that it's $25 or $35 only. The office is always dirty, they don't know what they are doing, I had to tell them the form numbers and where THEY could find them. I had to take my wife's chart and show the staff where to put her release forms! Never going to this doctor again!

August 26th, 2011
He is an insenitive Person and only cares about hiself
This man is a jerk and I would never take my child to him

August 16th, 2011
seek other doctor
he is rude condisending and his staff is the worst i have ever delt with run fast as you can to another doctor