Dr. David Schmidt Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Schmidt?

Patient

Posted on December 7th, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Schmidt for four years and I'm very pleased with the care I've received during this time. Dr. Schmidt has gone out of his way to call in refills when I've needed his assistance. I would highly recommend him for your mental health care needs.

Very good psychiatrist

Posted on October 15th, 2015

Was very surprised by the low ratings. I've being seeing Dr. Schmidt for several years and have found him knowledgeable and caring. There are some bad psychiatrists out there who really stigmatize patients but I've found Dr. Schmidt to approach mental illness non-judgmentally like your physician would approach any other organic illness. It's a great approach. He takes the time to get your meds right and doesn't rush to diagnosis. Remember, if you're seeking counseling for emotional issues see a psychotherapist. Maybe there's a misunderstanding on the part of the profile respondents as to a psychiatrist's role?

Posted on August 27th, 2015

I would visit this doctor again but communication with doctor and staff needs improvement

HORRIBLE experience with this physician and Chestnut Hill Counseling

Posted on April 28th, 2014

I was hospitalized for a suicide attempt early last year, and when I was released I was referred here. However, I had to wait 2 months for an appointment with a physician at this clinic. And when I finally showed up to my appointment, I was told it was given away because I did not call 24 hours before the appointment to say I was still coming (even though this rule had never been made clear to me). That left me shaken and feeling abandoned by my health providers, but I had no other option then to reschedule for a date that was yet another month away. And when I FINALLY got to meet this physician, he clearly did not want to hear anything about myself other than my previous diagnosis and basically just wrote me a script and sent me out the door. And then to make it even worse, I have had to battle with them to prove my primary care physician DID send his official referral and claimed I had to instead pay in full without insurance. I refuse to ever go there again. The psychologist I had seen there was okay, but the receptionists were flat-out mean and the psychiatrist was apathetic.

Posted on June 13th, 2013

Has had my file for almost two weeks since my release. Has not called. Nice work!

Sitting and listening him is more depressing....

Posted on January 16th, 2013

Non responsive as a HC provider, no insight into assisting with issues, just there to write a script and move on to next patient. Needed prior approval, when this did not occur after being notified by my pharmacy I did not get a call back as to alternatives or what to increase the dose of other meds to cover the deficit. It's now three days since I called with no response to a second phone call....

Posted on September 28th, 2017