Dr. David Scott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

September 21st, 2016
Worst experience ever
I just left Dr. Scott's office an hour ago! It was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. Him and his nurse were very rude. He came in the room and asked me few questions about my past medical history and the symptoms I am experiencing today. Then he said "okay, I'll have my nurse come back in so we can do a physical examination on you." I said what do you mean by physical examination. He said, Just doctor things. I said okay. The nurse came in and told me to take all of my clothes off. I said why do I need to take all of my clothes off? She said he wanted to do a rectal exam on me. I said I am not having any rectal problems, I am having bad indigestion. She said he does one on all of his new patients. I said well if I don't need one, I would rather not get one. She said okay and just walked out. They came in and asked me if I was ready and I said No that I needed to talk to one of you first. The nurse came back in and I said I was trying to talk to you earlier, but you just walked right back out. She stated that she told me what the doctor needed and I said I understand that but I was still talking to you when you walked out. She said okay and walked back out. I got undressed and he came in and examined me. He said he wanted to do a rectal exam and I said no I don't want one if I don't need it. He said that's fine. We can just skip it. Told me to get my clothes on and meet his nurse out front. So I did. She asked me what day would be good? I said good for what? She said the Doctor wants to do an EGD on you. I said oh well what do I need for it? Do I need to take off of work or what ? She said yes. I said okay well I need a Wednesday then. She scheduled me and gave me the paperwork and said you are good to go. I said well where do I need to go and what do I need to pay? She said someone will contact you before your appointment. I already made a new appointment with a different Gastroenterologist. I will not be going back to see Dr. Scott ever again!

December 28th, 2015
Very Disappointed
I will never go back to doctor Scott. I was "scheduled" for an upper scope to see what's going on with my stomach. I show up to the hospital all prepared and they tell me they don't have me in the system and his office never scheduledid anything for me. I had to wait 2 hours for them to work me in. Afterwards the nurse said he'd call back with my results.... he never did after a week of waiting I called. The nurse I talked to said they lost my chart and to call back.... I did.... same story. It took calling back everyday for a week to get my results. The nurse I spoke to then was very professional explained that I had esphogeal erosion and a small case of gastro paralysis told me to go pick up my medicine they were putting me on. She said call back in a month if it wasn't working. Well I did.... I explained that it made thingsense worse. She said she'd talk to Dr. Scott and call me back.... she never did. I went to my regular Dr. who apparently knew Dr. Scott she called him up and after he told her I had mild GERD all he wanted to do was add pepcid to my other medicine to see if that would help. I have been throwing up undigested food for months now and can't get anything done about it because no Dr. wants to help more especially Dr. Scott.

September 28th, 2015
Did he really look?
After what was supposed to be a combo colonoscopy and also a scope to check out my stomach, he passed by me as if I were still asleep. I said,"Dr.", he turned and waved as he walked on, said "everything's fine--well, I didn't see anything bleeding anyway." First ever, I got NO pictures of my stomach. Did not seem interested.

February 4th, 2015
Not good if you're looking for a specialist in IBD.

October 11th, 2013
You're fired
I have just now fired Dr. Scott. It is midevening, and I called him through his sevice (Lora was lovely). I am deathly ill with a sudden bug and vomiting that is unrelated to my former diagnosis of ulcerative colitis. In fact, at my most recent colonoscopy, I was so ill that I was afraid to do the prep. I was in awful shape. Yet, when he came in to explain the results of the test, he said I was plaque-free. I asked how I could have been so very ill if I had no plaques (which are the things that create the raw environment that is life with u.c.: diarrheaville). He said he didn't know, and moved on to the next $1,000 visit. Tonight, after explaining that I've been completely normal and well for 2 years when this horrific stomach bug hit me on Sunday, ALL HE COULD TALK ABOUT WAS MY U.C. He said it could be u.c. reappearing b/c I'm not on my u.c. meds (which CAUSE diarrheah!). He would not even consider my very specific symptoms which all point to giardia.

November 26th, 2010
won't go back
Dr. Scott did not spend time to answer questions I had, he did not try to help me understand what was wrong with me, he was in a hurry and had no helpful suggestions for my problem. I wish I hadn't wasted my time seeing him.