A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Shapiro is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Shapiro, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Allen Shapiro MD is a male Psychiatrist and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. David A. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. David Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. David Shapiro practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.