Dr. David Slater MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

January 22nd, 2015
Previous patient
Dr. Slater was my husband's doctor. My husband wasn't feeling well, he as had hi-blood pressure and hi-cholesterol. He went to see Dr. Slater back about 3 years ago and ended up with allergy testing. Dr. Slater sold him on some allergy shots. (Shaking my head). .. this was the beginning of it all. About two years ago I was at my dentist, he noticed how high my blood pressure was and ask that I go see a doctor about it. It was dangerously high. Since I didn't have a doctor I decided to go see Dr. Slater (worst mistake EVER). He told me not to worry about my blood pressure that it was fine,,, that everyone is different. Then he went on to discuss my weight, how I would be consider obese because I'm Asian and according to the asian bmi, I'm on the tip of being obese... ? At that time I was 5'4 weighed in at 138lb. He recommended me to be put on a diet plan. I refused. Then he asked about the weather,, heard me sneezing,,, asked if I would like to do an allergy test. This way they can make pills personally for me that fights off allergies. I was hesitant. He insisted that it was covered my insurance so forth , got me to do the testing but I never bought into the pills. Ugh. :( I left with no answer to what I was truly there for. Then late last year my husband hurt his back at work, and to go see Dr. Slater so ignored the whole reason why he was there and again try to sell more allergy treatment. He finally told my husband he needed to go see a specialist. Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. It's a shame. We never went back to see him. Today I receieved an EOB from BCBS stating that we have a balance due to provider. I called BCBS and they said that they had 3 claims from Dr. Slater for last year. All for the same thing. Preparation for allergy treatment. All billed out at office rate of $2040 each. BCBS paid then 1037.90 each time! That's over $3000, but my husband was seen ONCE not three times. The BCBS was asking if I suspect fraud or could it be a mistake. If it was a duplicate claim then the service that would be the same, but no, they had service date of Aug, Oct, Dec. I will call Dr. Slaters office tomorrow. Overall, my review is pretty much the same as others. This doctor will try to sell you EVERYTHING especially allergy treatment. He is NO good. Best to avoid. What a headache. Rating: -10... that's a negative.

October 6th, 2014
I'm not going back to him
I needed to have pre-surgery clearance tests done immediately. I couldn't get the tests done at urgent care, so I had to find a primary care physician to do them ASAP. After 30 minutes of not getting an appointment elsewhere, I was able to get seen by Dr. Slater. What a relief! Getting an appointment so easily, and the in-person care of the office staff, were the only good things about my experience with him. Dr. Slater tried to tell me that I didn't really want to have surgery (despite the fact that three highly-experienced surgeons have confirmed this surgery as the last resort for treatment). Next he told me that he got an undergrad degree in finance. Next he discussed drug addicts, alcoholism and cancer (none of which pertain to me) before saying that the results from my EKG reading were troubling. He said I needed a second opinion from a cardiologist (which would only tie up getting results for my pre-surgery clearance). I don't have heart trouble, but sense I can't read EKG results I believed Dr. Slater and made the appointment with the cardiologist. The next day, the cardiologist told me that he didn't know why Dr. Slater had concerns over my reading because there was absolutely nothing wrong with my EKG results. I wasted time and money on a useless appointment- thanks, Dr. Slater. Now I can't get in touch with his office (the wrong email address is listed on his card), and my surgery may be delayed because of his shenanigans. My overall impression of Dr. Slater is that he likes to hear himself talk and just wants to sell you something that you truly don't need. Do not go to this doctor for medical care.

January 31st, 2013
Annual Physical checkup
This doctor is just Good for Nothing. I don't understand how he is being allowed to practice. You know he is License to reap you off . He thinks patients are dumb and doesn't understand anything about medicine. wake up. He is pushes his own agenda like allergy test etc. Doesn't listen what you are saying. Pushes his clinics Vitamins instead of writing prescription. Absolutely no followup by himself or his nurse unless you call and ask for results. He will call you to discuss your lab results and charges you copay and charges your insurance for office visit. I have never seen any other clinics like this. He will ask you to do some more tests and never bother to call back to tell you the results. i am still waiting from last 3 weeks to get a call back and at the same time he never forgets to charge you copay and your insurance. Folks, stay away from this doctor and if possible this facility.

October 9th, 2012
long time patient
This Dr. Is smart but too self-reflective. Appears to have ADHD and has challenges staying focused on patients. He diagnoses accurately but does not follow up and definitely appears to be in it for the money. Leaving practice after a decade. Tired of him.

September 18th, 2012
Speechless
I have been seeing Dr Slater for about 3 years. Like previous people have said, always trying to sell some new program. Latest one is the allergy team he has in there. He also has his own agenda of what topic he wants to rant about that day. Whether it be politics, his house or some random topic. Last visit was the last straw. He spent most of my visit talking about his new Porsche and how much it cost and the upgrades. He finally just said "Hey, I'm a doctor!" Enough already I am not going back.

July 29th, 2012
Disrespectful
Dr Slater has the worse bedside manner and is flat out rude.He talks in circles and talks down to you as if you are not intelligent enough to keep up with his thought process. He rambles on about things that you didn't even come to see him for and then jumps up ands says "So, do you have any questions?" If you say , "yes", he will spaz out and ask why you have not written anything down.DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS GUY!

May 25th, 2012
Sell, Sell, Sell
Only seems interested in selling additional tests and services. I have actually had diagnostic visits without any real examination.

December 8th, 2011
Odd experience
I have visited Dr. Slater for general check-ups. I really liked him at first (I fell for the showmanship), but then his attitude changed. He had bad attitudes for the last couple of visits and was rude a couple of times. He also ordered a really expensive cardio stress test and would never tell me why. It was something he saw on my ECG, but wouldn't specify what it was. When I forked over $500 and had the stress test done, everything was perfectly normal, so it made me a little suspicious.Plus he is always pushing Vitamin B shots and orders one at the end of the appointment no matter what.

January 16th, 2011
Bad Attitude & unresponaive
Went to this Dr David Slater, when I was really feeling bad.Was totally unprofessional, wrong attitude, rude, wants to make people feel he is the bill gates of Medical world.Try's to show his showman side. Unfit and impatient doctor.Spend less than 5 mins, didnt tell me what's wrong.His medication was useless. I was suffering for a full 1 week.

September 2nd, 2009
unprofessional and crazy
Don't call a female patient by the name of "peach fuzz". That was inappropriate and unprofessional.

August 2nd, 2009
Poor diagnosis, extremely poor attitude towards patients
Wait time was 1hr 30mts. Time spent with patient was less than 5 minutes. Poor diagnosis (or should I say no idea about diagnosis). I left with a feeling of not having seen a Doctor at all.