Dr. David Thompson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Thompson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 20th, 2016

Positive experience, sensitive subject

August 9th, 2016

DO NOT USE HIM

Since 2012 I had the displeasure ( except for 1, ostomy takedown) of 6 surgeries with Dr Thompson. A ileostomy, a jpouch bypass, ileostomy being separated from skin and sewed back on, an ostomy takedown. A subcutaneous fistula formed after the jpouch bypass from unbeknownst to him during making the incision he cut into a fistula wich then used the incision to make its way to the skin becoming subcutaneous. he didn't believe at 1st then chose to ignore hoping that medicine would heal it. Even after 1 yr after the ostomy takedown the fistula didn't go away( I learned from research that if they don't heal in a year they wont go away without surgery). Finally the fistula became so wide that it was the primary exit from fecal matter out of my body. He told me that another ostomy would be 'extremely unlikely', 'don't worry just a slight teeny weency small chance and if so itd only be temporary' setting my hopes way to high when he should have been more honest so I could decide how to proceed. I woke up from fistulectomy with another ostomy,my nightmare returned. It was loop ostomy and after a couple of xryas and a lower GI he announced that it was permenenant due to blockage in the bypass he created. My only choice was to leave highly protruding loop in place or getting an end ostomy. I decided on the end ostomy since it was highly prolapsed more than an inch and a half from my skin and painful,hard to fit appliance over. Even the stoma revision surgery by he and his 'resident' was not good,leaving a lip of small bowel protruding out my skin next to the stoma,always oozing pus. I didn't let him as he wanted' remove jpouch, rectum and everything to make it totally permenant with no chance to go back even if a cure for this horrible crohns happens. very condescending, callous, unfriendly, arrogant, feels bothered or burdened and dosent even seem to be forthcoming or like to give you info on your situation. Despite my most friendly best efforts to build a rapport, never rude or mean with him. He may be a 30 + year veteran but please go elsewhere. He seems more interested in doing as many surgeries as he can to fill the bank account than he does actually helping his patients. Im severely disappointed in him.

February 29th, 2016

Dr. Thompson operated on me for colorectal cancer in 1998 after I went through a program of reduced rate radiation and chemo and alternative Beta1,3D Glucan for several months to shrink a 4" long by about 1/2" diameter tumor which started in my colon and grew down the rectal wall. It was a late stage 2, early stage 3 tumor. It was not only successful, I have never had a polyp or even a head cold since.

February 10th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Thompson by my Gastroenterologist for a colon resection. Dr. Thompson was very kind and patient. He explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends should the require this type of surgery. His office staff is professional and courteous.

October 17th, 2015

He is an amazing Dr. He saved my life and took amazing care of me!!!

March 17th, 2015

Treated my wife's' colon cancer. Respectful and compassionate

September 9th, 2014

Very disappointed in the care I received. Will definitely not go back. Got nothing to help my condition only got an invoice! This place is way to busy to help. It seemed more interested in billable hours. Bottom line is not no relief from pain was told to come back in 3 weeks. Would not recommend anyone I know to go here

August 19th, 2014

Confident and knowledgable

Second time to be diagnosed with colorectal cancer after 17 years of being "cured". Discussed options, weren't many in my case, and he put me at ease and took lots of time to answers questions. Came highly recommended by my GI. Also, received a call from my previous surgeon who practices in NY now, and he confirmed everything Dr Thompson had said. I love his nurse, and we're there so often the staff is great to us! Slow to warm up, but easy to win over!

February 7th, 2014

Patient

I have been a patient of Dr. Thompson for 8 years . I had colon cancer and he did my surgery and I have seen him every six months since. He is very knowledgeable, open to any questions and concerns you might have and willing to listen and spend the time with you so that you understand what is going on and what is going to happen to fix the problem. I have always had the greatest confidence in Dr. Thompson.

January 9th, 2014

Long term success

Dr. Thompson removed my colon and made an ilieostomy due to ulcerative colitis 17 years ago and I have had no complications. He is very pleasant and open to patient's concerns and input.

April 4th, 2013

Thankful and blessed to have found Dr. Thompson!

I called as an emergency new patient on a Monday and was scheduled for Wednesday of the same week. Although I waited over 2hrs in the waiting room and another half hour in the back, it was worth the wait! The doctor immediately apologized once he realized how long I had been waiting. He took the time to hear everything I said and I never felt rushed. He made me feel at ease and comfortable and answered all of my questions. I have had a problem for 10 years now and have been turned away by so many doctors because they were unable to help me because they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Dr. Thompson new right away... I am truly blessed to have found this doctor! Highly recommend!!!

February 14th, 2012