David A Vincent, MD
580 E Main St
Ste 200
Norfolk, VA 23510
757-625-4455
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.943661971831 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  RN and Patient  |  show details
by Cynthia and Joseph Brisson on Jan 16th, 2014

Joseph and Cynthia Brisson believe that He is one of the most gifted and talented surgeon in the world. between me and my husband we have had to have 10 surgeries, if it weren't for him... my husband and I would not be able to walk or be alive. Thank you so much for being there.

|  Drr. Vincent - Mr. Neurosurgical great.  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Been wih Dr. Vincent as a patient for over 5 years...The Dr. knows his business and tells you everything that he knows about your condition and a few things that maybe you didn't want to know but needed to know. Dr. Vincent is the only surgeon I would let work on my back...

|  Non-invasive back surgery  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr. Vincent's surgery has positively changed my life, and has allowed me to resume my daily activities and exercises regarding standing and walking. For 3 years I had been unable to stand or walk for any period of time. I had excruciating pain shooting down my left leg. The procedure has corrected the problem!

|  Best. Doctor. Ever  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

Dr. Vincent is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. I have been a patient of his for over 8 years and he is truly amazing. Not only is he ridiculously talented, skilled, competent and knowledgeable, but he has an excellent bedside manner and is incredibly kind and compassionate. Not a shred of ego or arrogance. Dr. Vincent truly goes the extra mile for his patients too. I am currently dealing with a Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor (MPNST,) a rare and particularly aggressive cancer)and not only is Dr. Vincent conferring with other neurosurgeons because MPNSTs are pretty rare, but he is also already lining up oncologists for the chemo and radiation I will need after the surgery. How many doctors do that? Most would just hand you a phone number for an oncologist and let you call them yourself. But Dr. Vincent goes above and beyond for his patients. He also truly cares about his patients on a personal level. The surgery I need is somewhat risky in terms of the effect it may end up having on the use of my leg. You can see on his face his concern over the fact that I may lose some leg function vs the danger of leaving the tumor since MPNSTs are so dangerous. I know that he honestly has my best interests at heart and that he is going to do whatever he can to make sure I have the best outcome possible. That is why I completely trust Dr. Vincent and I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon. I gave him 5 out of 5 stars, but only because it wouldn't let me go any higher. He deserves about 5,000 stars!

Apr 10th, 2012

dr, vincent is an excellent nuero surgent. he is direct to the point.he has a great bed side manor that puts you at ease. my experince withthe cerival surgery he performed has been excellent. many thanks to dr,jordon who replaced my right knee for recomending him. it is resuring to have a new generation of excellent surgents.

|  Patient  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

Dr. Vincent is the best in his field and the spine operation he performed on me was the best....and I've had a lot of operations on this old body over the years. My pain is gone and I feel better than I've felt in years.

|  Chr  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

Doctor David Vincent is absolutely top shelf! He was recommended by another doctor who performed torn miniscus repair; a doctor that I have very high regard for. His recommendation by Jordon Young was all the I needed. They were right in recommending Doctor Vincent. Although he is a surgeon, his recommendation of surgery was the last effort to ease my sciatica problem. WOW!! His office staff is either not connected to the patients, or as a cop-out, was in the process of moving. It is pretty sad to call for an appointmtne and never receive a return call, unless you you use overbearing return call on the answer machine. I rate the office staff a close to terrible, but that has no reflection upon the skill, knowlege, and casring of the doctor.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Vincent is an excellent neurosurgeon. His bedside manner is impeccable, and his skill as a surgeon is impassable. He is extremely cordial, and always has accurate answers to any question one could ask. I would highly recommend Dr. Vincent to my closest family any time!

|  Lumbar fusion surgery  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

Mr first visit with Dr. Vincent was for a second opinion of my condition,after looking @ my MRI he said that the only thing that would help me was to have spinal fusion surgery @ he went on to explain what he would do. I was very pleased with his knowledge @ his feelings toward me knowing how much pain I was in @ he wanted to help. I had surgery May 13 2011 & am still recovering but doing better everyday. I thank both Dr. Vincent @ his staff for all the wonderful care I have been given during this time of healing.

Aug 19th, 2011

Dr Vincent was extremely attentive in every aspecring and post visits.

|  Not sure . . .  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

On my 2nd visit, after I had received the x-rays, Dr. V walked in the room and his first sentence was that my insurance wouldn't cover a surgery, and that seemed to be the end of it. But I'm far from needing surgery, in my opinion, and was looking for someone who could help me take some conservative steps first. Perhaps that's not what he does. I won't give up on him though, since I want to stay with a doctor I feel would be the best surgeon if the time comes.

|  very patient-focussed  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr Vincent operated on my neck three years ago and when I developed a lumbar problem he was the only doctor I considered. I have been very pleased with the results from both surgeries. In addition to his surgical skills, Dr Vincent is very patient-focussed. He makes sure I fully understand what's going on with my spine and answers any and all of my questions - I never feel rushed.

Jan 27th, 2011

great surgeon. great person. very caring and concerned.

|  Lumbar fusion surgery  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

Dr Vincent performed a very successful lumbar fusion back surgery on (L5-S1) in October 2010. The diognosis period, pre-surgery consultations, pre-surgery instructions & requirments, surgery, post op hospital stay, follow up visits and the first (3) months of post op recovery were all excellent. I followed Dr. Vincent's post operation recovery instructions explicitly, and I have been successful in resuming all previous activities including gym workouts by January 2011. I could never thank Dr. Vincent and the Neurosurgical Specialists staff enough for the excellent care I have been given throughout this ordeal. The results have been remarkable.

by James Harvey on Dec 3rd, 2010

Dr. Vincent and his staff were extremely helpful in getting my procedure approved, and he is an outstanding doctor with a great ability to effectively communicate with patients. He does excellent work and shows great knowledge in his specialty.

Dec 2nd, 2010

So far I am very pleased with Dr. Vincent. I believe he help my pain go away. I would have been in a wheelchair if not for my surgery. I am still recovering but I already feel relief.

Dec 1st, 2010

Dr. Vincent clearly explained my condition and the steps he could take to alleviate it. He was patient and caring through all steps of the care I have received from him. I would recommend Dr. Vincent highly.

|  My Visit  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2010

I was in and out in and out in no time.Dr.vinaent was stright to the point.

Nov 20th, 2010

Dr. Vincent appeared to be genuinely interested in me and my medical problem, and treated me as a person, not an inanimate object. He carefully explained his diagnosis, his recommendations, and the basis for his conclusions. He invited questions, which he answered thoughtfully and patiently. He did not appear anxious to leave and took particular care to let me know how to contact him or his staff if I needed additional information or attention. He continued to display these characteristics during the care he provided following my surgery.

Nov 1st, 2010

Outstanding! I would highly recommend Doctor Vincent for his expertise and professionalism. In my opinion I couldn't have picked a better surgeon.

|  Best of the best  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr, Vincent is the kind of doctor you wish all doctors were like. He took the time to explain my condition and what the surgery would entail. He put my mind at ease and I quickly felt a great deal of confidence with him as my surgeon. I underwent transphenoidal surgery to remove a pituitary tumor and the surgery went extremely well. I highly recommend this compassionate, patient-oriented, skillful surgeon. Dr. Vincent is truly a gem!

|  Retired Nurse  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2010

Excellent Doctor- The Best in this area

|  Consultation  |  show details
by Ron Krisak on Oct 1st, 2010

Dr. Vincent was quick to diagnose my back problem and recommended a course of treatment to relieve the pain. He took the extra time to explain, using models, of wher the pain was coming from and how he would proceed to operate.Very concerned with patient's welfare.Recommend him highly!

|  Surgery  |  show details
by Mary H. Hickman on Aug 23rd, 2010

I had been having back problems for over two years. Did all the shots with the pain management doctors. He knew right off what my problem was and did a MRI to comfirm and he was right on. I appreicate all that he has done. It has been 8 weeks now and I am doing more now than I have in 2 years. thanks

|  Dr David Vincent :Doctor Made in Heaven  |  show details
by Lamar White on May 29th, 2010

Dr.Vincent is the doctor you will want. I was fortunate to have a friend who asked other doctors and hospital administrators for the name of the best neurosurgeon .Dr.Vincent was the choice. From the first visit, he inspires confidence and trust. His manner is warm and reassuring. The results of my back surgery have been miraculous. No more pain! This is the doctor who will take you through surgery with his skill and caring . Dr. Vincent is a study in excellence !

|  Simply The Best  |  show details
by Michael Fackelmann CRNFA on May 20th, 2010

I have been involved in the medical field for over 27 years, David is one of the most "Available Physicians" i have ever worked with (I'm glad he was my surgeon). He came to visit me 2 times a day, and, made himself available to answer qustions 24/7. I could never have expected any greater care that what was afforded me by David Vincent. I know this sounds like a commercial for him, but, I can assure you, the guy is great (and I'm one fussy SOB, having worked in Pediatric Cardias Surgery since 1982.

|  Miracle Man  |  show details
by Ray Sharpe on Apr 28th, 2010

Dr. Vincent demonstrated superb skill and concern for me and my family. He renewed my life and increased my will to engage in physical activity unencumbered with thoughts of injury. His office staff, especially, Ebony, was always courteous and helpful in scheduling appointments and surgery. I most strongly recommend Dr. Vincent should anyone in your family or one of your friends need a neurosurgeon. He is a winner!

Mar 28th, 2010

excellent doctor. took care of all my pain

|  I have great confidence in Dr. Vincent  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2010

Dr. Vincent listened to my description of back pain, looked at my MRI and explained how he would take care of the issues. He has a kind and caring manner and is very clear in his explanations of procedures and what to expect after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who might ask me about my experiences with this fine doctor.

Feb 15th, 2010

GREAT DOCTOR. HE IS ABLE TO PUT THE PATIENT AT EASE AND ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS. HE DID A GREAT JOB WITH MY SURGERY.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Kevin Nicholson on Oct 31st, 2009

Dr. Vincent made it possible for me to live pain free. I could barely sit or stand without being in severe pain. It got so bad, I was having trouble sleeping. Dr. Vincent gave me all of my options and back surgery seemed the best option. He made it my decision and was not pushy and didn't rush me. It is the best decision I have ever made and Dr. Vincent described everything I could expect before and after surgery. I am so thankful to have been in such good hands!

|  Dr. Vincent saved my life  |  show details
by Nicole on Oct 20th, 2009

Dr. Vincent saved my life and removed a meningioma brain tumor on April 27th, 2006. I went to Virginia on a job interview and ended up in his care for the next 3 months unexpectedly. I will never forget him and I am completely thankful for his excellent bed side manner and how he interacted with my family. I now have 99% use of my leg with hardly any after effects. I was almost completely paralyzed in my leg before surgery. Dr. Vincent I thank you so much for saving my life and my kids thank you to.

by cindy johnson on Jul 2nd, 2009

Not only do I find Dr. Vincent to be a wonderful, caring, and excellent M.D. but he seems to a wonderful man and now, new daddy!!! He has always taken as much time as I needed during office visits to discuss my complicated case. He did my thoracic disc surgery without complication, and has always showed concern for chronic debilitating symptoms. I am quite pleased with the care he provides and am glad I have hime as part of my health care team !!!

|  Retired Naval Officer  |  show details
by Mike Trujillo LCDR USN Ret. on Jul 2nd, 2009

I have had the Extreme pleasure of knowing Dr. Vincent under very very serious and painful symptoms pertaining to my back. Dr. Vincent's expertise and patient counselling should be aggressively utilized by his Surgical Group as "This is the way is should be done" in training not only the established men and women of the group but most importantly to any new member of the group. It is extremely refreshing and comforting to know that a man of Dr. Vincent's personal integrity and caring is a member of such an important part of our medical community. I can only hope that Dr. Vincent will be made aware of my respect for him and his above and beyond professional expertise and code of ethics. Thank you.. Mike Trujillo

|  Satisfied Patient  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2009

I have had two surgerices by Dr. David Vincent; both were excellent. Therefore, I rate him very highly.

|  A Great Doctor  |  show details
by Sarah Salo on Apr 7th, 2009

Dr. Vincent rates high in my book. His swift diagnoses and follow through put me back on the road to full health. I highlly recommend him if you have issues which require surgery.

Dec 19th, 2008

Dr. Vincent was a wonderful doctor to me. I would recomend him to anyone who asked me. He helped with a severe injury and really made my life easier.

|  Exceptional  |  show details
by L.Foxrun on Oct 21st, 2008

Dr. Vincent is a very knowledgable, caring, personable and dedicated doctor. I came from Boston where I believed it was the mecca of healthcare. While I did have brain surgery in Boston I always felt there could never be a better doctor until I meet and have been treated by Dr. Vincent. I can't find enough words to say how wonderful and dedicated he is. I trust him and while I may still face more surgery, he is the doctor for me.

|  chairi malformation surgery  |  show details
by Elizabeth B. Willis on Oct 6th, 2008

I had my surgery on 6/17/08 and was back to work on 8/25/08; with just a 10 pound lifting restriction. I would recommend Dr. Vincent to anyone with this same problem. I feel human again; it does not hurt to cough and no headaches. His office was always there when I had a question during recovery.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2008

Dr. Vincent new exactly what the problem was and new how to fix it. I can not thank him enough.To be able to live with out the pain is awesome!!!!!

|  De-Feared Me  |  show details
by Glenn on Oct 1st, 2008

Dr. Vincent alleviated the fear of the unknown in cervical surgery by explaining and demonstrating with a model exactly what was going to happen. He answered all (many) questions, taking the time for me to grasp what I viewed as a very serious operation. Follow-up was great and I really enjoyed Dr. Vincent's demeanor!