A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Aanestad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Aanestad, MD is board certified in Surgery.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Gastric Bypass Gastrojejunostomy and Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Aanestad graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.More Education & Awards
Dr. Aanestad has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Genesis Medical Center Davenport
- Genesis Medical Center, Illini Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Aanestad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 3 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David J. Aanestad practice?
Dr. David Aanestad practices Surgery near Davenport, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Maquoketa, IA.
See Davenport Surgeons.