Dr. David Abend Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. David Abend?

Great Doctor. Great treatment for reflux.

Posted on February 11th, 2017

Doc has great bedside manner with my son. He explains what he is doing to me (the mom). After just 3 visits we weaned off the medication. Great doctor. Great treatment for reflux.

Posted on December 6th, 2016

I had to wait a bit for Dr. Abend but it was worth the wait, he spent about 45 minutes with me, getting to know me as a person and a patient. I felt that he truly cared about me and wanted to provide the best care possible

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Doctor is a bit cocky,and talks way to much especially about himself. His office staff is incredibly rude.

Money hungry office

Posted on November 15th, 2013

The office manager was horrendously rude, obnoxious and the entire vibe of the office is hungry for money. Apparently I am not the only one who feels this way from the most recent reviews. The whole experience from start o finnish left a very bad taste in my mouth. I really hope dr David Abend reads the reviews of how people feel about him and his staff. Truly a very bad experience and all he did was talk about himself the entire appointment-terrible at listening.

Posted on August 31st, 2013

This doctor is okay, His staff is HORRIBLE. I will not be returning because of his staff and office manager. Rude, obnoxious. Not a good experience

Terrible Office Management!! Will not be returning

Posted on August 27th, 2013

I just spoke with Dr. Abend's new office manager over the phone and was extremely disappointed. I had left a voice mail yesterday morning asking to speak with the doctor because I had a question for him. Not only did I not get a call back until this morning, but the office manager was extremely rude to me and told me that I'd have to come in to be examined because "if the doctor took every phone call he got, he would have no time to see his patients". All I had was one question for him that would have required a simple yes or no answer. It would not have taken any significant time out of his day. After I told the office manager that I did not want to make an appointment, she gave me a smart-a** remark and hung up on me!! It's really a shame that Dr. Abend has such terrible management, because he is a great doctor, and unfortunately I will not be returning because of it. Hopefully he sees this review and makes some necessary changes to his staff!

Arrogant

Posted on August 8th, 2013

The office staff is awful and his new office manager is all the about the money. He is an ok doctor but his staff makes it a really bad situation. You are also forced to register for a $40 a year online website to make appointments. Horrible. Wait times are absurd.

General Practice the way it SHOULD be!

Posted on January 19th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Abend for over 7 years. In all that time he has always treated me like I was his most important patient. He listens carefully to your concerns, asks questions that go beyond the basic history, and gets to know you like a friend. I never feel rushed when I visit Dr. Abend. In fact, if I had to voice any complaint at all it would be that he spends maybe too MUCH time with each patient, which may cause some logjam in the waiting room. But I haven't run across a waiting problem since he moved his practice to Oradell from Westwood. Dr. Abend is a conservative healer who prefers practicing preventative medicine. So he spends considerable time thoroughly assessing your health status and working on ways to help you prevent disease. This is the kind of medicine more doctors should practice, in my opinion.

Dr. Abend is the best family physician around

Posted on June 2nd, 2009

I have been to several physicans prior to Dr. Abend and most of them spent about 10 minutes with me maximum. Dr. Abend generally has either his assitant, Angel, or a medical student take a detail history of the issues leading up to the visit. By the time he comes into the examination room, he has a good idea of what is going on. He then spends as much time as necessary to try and diagnose the problem. Depending upon what the finding is, he may prescribe medication, recommend physical therapy, or if it can be treated by manipulative adjustment, he might do it right then and there as he has the full training of a chiropractor as a "hands on" Osteopathic physican. For this reason, when you see Dr. Abend, you get the benefit of seeing a Medical doctor and chiropractor at the same time. Dr. Abend will spend some time to get to know you as an individual and has a great sense of humor. I can honestly say that I feel like I am treated as though I am a member of his own family whenever I go to him. He never hesitates to refer me to a specialist if he feels it's warranted. I've been to physicians before him where it was like pulling teeth to get a referral to a specialist, not with Dr. Abend. I will finish off by saying that good service is worth waiting for, so don't be upset if he ever runs a little late. He is obviously giving the patient before you the time and attention that he or she deserves. Finally, I don't know who wrote that first comment on Dr. Abend, but I believe they are somebody doesn't know him well and possibly never saw him at all. Dr Abend is the best!!

Awesome. Just Awesome-Don't know where the other idiot who wrote a review went, but obviously to another doc

Posted on May 17th, 2009

Dr. Abend was nothing but humble and spent an enormous amount of time with me. I've been to others who only sit or stand for barely 5 minutes after their staff has done all the questions. He has a great 'bedside manner' and cares. Great eye contact. He is funny, warm, thorough, and made me ( and now my whole family and many of my friends I've referred ) feel at home. You are not going to find any doc today who spends this amount of time with you anywhere feel at home. His staff, I believe, a medical assistant named 'Angel' is one of the nicest people I have ever met in an office anywhere. Dr. Abend also knows how to adjust necks and backs as an Osteopathic doc-he's not a Chiro, but it may look like that, cause he's got more training than them obviously, but he's got the same training as an MD, too.So if you have pain and you don't want surgery, he's the man. very well-trained and informed. He's got a lot of medical school appointments-very impressive-I'm not sure what planet the other person was on or what state they're in but it wasn't here.

Wouldn't take my dog to Dr. David Abend

Posted on January 2nd, 2009

He is the rudest most egotistical doctor I have ever met. Stay far away!

Posted on February 11th, 2017