Dr. David Aboulafia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 8th, 2015
Highly Recommend!
I have seen Dr. Aboulafia for many years... 2007- Present. (for Essential Thrombocythemia) He is a very knowledgeable, sensitive, & caring Dr., that takes pride in what he does. He cares very much about his patients, and strives to do what he feels is best for his patients. I don't always agree with him, but he allows me the space & time I need to think things over, then an agreement is made. I am "Blessed" to have him for my Dr., & would highly recommend him! :) Ps. I don't believe a Dr. With this type of job should have a 5 * for promptness do to unpredictability with the type of patients he sees. (just allow a little extra time... It will come back to you, cause he is not rushy!) Promptness is about a 3 1/2 stars for good reason.

February 18th, 2015
His Own Agenda
I've had occasion to see Dr. Aboulafia a few times over the years. Before I didn't like him but he had such a nice demeanor I felt maybe it was just my bad mood from being ill. Recently I saw him again and ended up very frustrated dealing with him. He absolutely would not listen to me, essentially said black was white and up was down and cut me off repeatedly. When I had a reaction to a drug I had a reservation about he said I made up the reaction because I didn't want to do the drug initially. In follow up communications his rash, jump to judgement conclusions made it clear he had not listened to me at all.

February 3rd, 2013
retired
great doctor !

February 7th, 2012
Highly Respected
Dr. Aboulafia had seen me through a very difficult battle with colon cancer. His concern, compasion and total interest his patients well being made him a highly respected and loved by his patients. My fellow cancer patients and I felt very lucky to be under his care.

April 6th, 2011
My first and only visit with this doctor ended in a disaster. He was incredibly rude and unprofessional. I was there to transition my adult son from pediatric hematology to adult hematology and his first line of questioning was "Are you married and how long?" Followed by. "Obviously not to his father!" I considered him to be extrememly unprofessional and my son and I walked out during the initial intake.

August 16th, 2010
sucks
just wants your money

August 4th, 2009
Please be careful of this MD. He was Negligent with me as a patient
I had been a patient of Dr. Aboulafia for just under a year. Recently I filed a complaint on this doctor. When I was his patient, I had described to him symptoms of a very serious condition and had he listened and cared, he would have administer proper test and come to a proper diagnosis. As a result of his poor judgmentand poor listening skills, I almost died of Congestive Hart Failure Exasceration. In the end,David Aboulafia came across as a truly arrogant doctor- I mean he was way more interested in what he had to say and what he wanted to do - then to listen to what I had to say as a patient, as a result I alnost died. As a patient or as a refering agency,I very much caution anyone considering this doctor.