inactive

David E Adson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 1st, 2015
Dr David Adson
I saw Dr David Adson for 12 yrs. Best M.D. ever.

March 22nd, 2015
what's up doc?
it's been my opinion since birth, anyone needing a psychiatrist should have their head examined!

March 15th, 2015
Dr Adson seemed preoccupied, barely made eye contact, and I feel just handed me a prescription without really getting to know me. He made comments about other patients that were inappropriate. I will not see him again.

December 31st, 2014
Best psychiatrist I have seen in over 20 years and the first one who actually got my medications effective.

October 31st, 2014
No Social Skills or Bedside Manner
Saw Dr. Adson regarding panic attacks. He was not personable. He barely looked at me and did not smile. At the end of our session he said that he "loved their collaborative care system" because he could see patients and then "tune them out and not think about them again." I would not recommend him, especially to anyone feeling emotionally vulnerable.

April 13th, 2013
The good reviews surprise me
I saw Dr. Adeson for severe depression disorder. Even though I've been a patient at Farview for years, he didn't bother to read my history before he saw me. After 5 minutes he diagnosed me as bi-polar, even though I've never had a manic episode in my life. He put me on Saphris which only made my depression worse. He didn't even pretend to care. I'm finally seeing a doctor now who has me on meds that seem to work and was shocked that a doctor would even consider Saprhis for my severe depression.

April 12th, 2013
Dr. Adson is truly a gem
I was very sad to see Dr. Adson move to a role where he is consulting with Fairview primary care physicians re: psychiatric care and seeing patients 2X at max. I know with the shortage of psychiatrists this is probably the way he can help the most people he can. I just miss him. He is very knowledgeable, kind, genuine and humorous at times. I always felt like he treated me like an equal and cared about my well-being. Dr. Adson helped me find a good combination of meds during one of the hardest times of my life. He is skilled at listening, validating feelings and being empathetic- it's just natural for him. Dr. Adson not only considered medication, but was thoughtful to other aspects of my life too that contributed toward the depression/anxiety I was experiencing. He had me check my thyroid functioning, referred me for hormone testing, suggested vitamin D supplements, prescribed a sun lamp (which I attached to my tread mill) and recommended books he thought I would benefit from- like The Chemistry of Joy. I felt better than I had in many years after all of our work together. Please know that if you are working with Dr. Adson (either as a patient, trainee or physician) that you have really found a gem of a person and you are fortunate to have crossed paths with him. I have found that he is irreplaceable.

July 25th, 2011
A perfect psychiatrist
Dr Adson is hands down the best psychiatrist I have dealt with. He is smart, presents himself in a way that is professional yet mild manner, employs some humor, actively listens to your problems and makes recommendations on mediciations, if you don't agree with the medications he will take that into account and consider alternative medicines. He does not hold things that might have happend in your past as reason to not perscribe you certain medications as long as you are honest with him and have legit medical needs for whatever drug you believe you need.