Surgeons, Sports Medicine Specialist
6480 Harrison Ave
Ste 100
Cincinnati, OH 45247
513-354-3700
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Orthopoedic  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2012

Hurt my shoulder in line of work that requires me to be physical at times for my safety. Had two other Dr's diagnose a shoulder sprain. He took two minutes and diagnosed SLAP tear, MRI confirmed and surgery went wonderful (no post op pain and Dr Argo avoided scars on my tattoos). Shoulder is healing nicely, not happy about designated length of recovery but he has been spot on with everything else I have to trust him. Explained everything fully and answered all questions. Anyone doubting him is either hiding or not disclosing symptoms or has underlying problems and looking for someone to blame. Would recommend him to anyone with any shoulder injury especially when prior to MRI he stated we could possibly get by with only therapy and since workers comp covered I was almost certain surgery would be his first form of treatment, but on an 85% tear that was worse when he go inside, its the only treatment! Thanks doc.

|  MADE MY KNEE WORSE THAN BEFORE SURGERY  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

Argo performed surgery on my knee to repair a torn meniscus. I had incredible pain and kept following up with him for a YEAR and what made me suspicious was at the time of the surgery he tells me he sees very little arthritis, and he began treating me for arthritis post-surgery! I finally told him something is wrong, and he orders another x-ray. No one called so I called them and a nurse tells me I need a total knee replacement but would not tell me why. I go to a new surgeon and he explains that Argo took out all of my cartilage! That was why I couldn't walk and my knee was swelling and becoming deformed, I was walking with no cushion!! And he NEVER said anything about it - now I am getting the TKR by a GOOD surgeon. I will never be back to Beacon. And I tell everyone not to go there!!

|  knee problem  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

Dr Argo was third Surgeon I saw for this problem , he did not recommend surgery, and I am doing fine. Charles Brown

|  Hard to believe the other positive ratings - suspicous!  |  show details
by Go Far Away From Argo! on Feb 14th, 2011

I visited Dr. Argo for a joint pain problem - He spent about 6 minutes with me, enough time to glance at an xray, tell me I had inflammation, and try to "sell" me and MRI and surgery.Honestly, my vet is more cordial to my dog.Went to a different doc, 2nd opinion, 1 cortizone shot, better in 2 weeks. No problems since.THINK ABOUT OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE BEACON!I think they're just getting too big.

|  quite an amazing physician  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2010

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Argo to be your first choice as a physician. He knows what he's doing and is very good at it to. He treats all of my family.

|  Shoulder surgery  |  show details
by J.D. Schinkal on Aug 12th, 2009

Overall, I had a great experience in Dr. Argo and his staff. Over 3 years of visits and finally a successful shoulder surgery, i have nothing but praise for Dr. Argo.

|  Dr. Argo changed my life!  |  show details
by Tom Pickett on Aug 29th, 2008

I'm a farmer who was unable to work my farm for the last 2 years. I almost gave up the idea that I ever would again. Dr. Argo changed my life with a hip replacement and I'm back as good as ever.

|  no gain with more pain  |  show details
by rp on Jul 23rd, 2008

would not even order motrin for shoulder replacement after only 6 weeks,showed very little caring for pain of this pt,now has to be redone.