Dr. David Burns DO Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Wakefield, RI

September 14th, 2016
1st appt. with physician for chronic knee problem. Spent fair amt. of time discussing my options, seemed honest. will follow up.........facing a knee repl. in future.

January 6th, 2016
Left me with a 3/4 leg length differential after hip replacement, put a spiral fracture on my husband's femur while tapping in the prosthesis on his hip replacement, put a female prosthesis in my 230 pound uncle and finally...wanted to fuse my thumb because of arthritis that is not there. Be wary.

September 12th, 2015
My experience with the Dr.was one that I will remember for a long time. He was extremely attentive, and paid attention to detail. I am looking forward to the next time I see him.

March 3rd, 2015
I have had two Mako knees with great results

December 30th, 2014
South County orthopedics should be renamed south county orthopedic factory. There are too many issues which are unethical to say the least that can go on and on. Stay away from this factory and go elsewhere. Nothing in life is perfect but my life has suffered due to attempting to obtain the best treatment. Dr Burns and his two PA's give you the "pie in the sky" attitude only to find out that they have hurt some patients physically and emotionally. Try to prove it. However, the truth is the truth and they have to sleep themselves at night knowing that some patients who gave complete trust and faith in them are now hurting on levels they didn't even know they would have newer problems. They're factory workers. End of story.

October 13th, 2014
old folks
i was put out to pasture by Dr. Burns. I am 63. I have arthritis. He sent me home and told me only thing to do was take Aleve.....never mentioned PT, cortisone, or the specialists in Providence. I would highly recommend folks get second opinions.

October 21st, 2013
Not a good doctor
Wrong diagnosis. Sent me to expensive tests that were not indicated. Visits to competent doctors later showed that I needed total shoulder replacement and I have severe shoulder arthritis. Burns recommended I take 9 Advil a day and sign up for PT at his establishment. Avoid this DO. Not a real doctor!

June 2nd, 2013
Dr. Burns stood in the doorway while talking to me on several occasions. He was distracted. Neither he nor his staff wore gloves and I had open wounds! I was handed gauze pads from a box that were not sterile to dress a wound. I have a major lifetime complication as a result of his operating on me. On one visit, his nurse stood with her purse on her shoulder waiting to leave. His secretary Jane was AWFUL!!! She as rude, didn't call me back and didn't make appts. I do not recommend Dr. Burns. I have a new doctor now who has shown me the way an orthopedic doctor ought to treat his patients.

February 19th, 2013
Transparency, and complete finesse, and integrity as Dr. and Surgeon.
DR .Burns took care of me on two surgeries , and i was fine after. I highly recommend him ,again as an excellent and ,exactitude in every surgery : Transparency.