A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Cohen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Cohen, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Cohen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Disorders
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Elbow Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Cohen graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cohen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cohen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David B. Cohen practice?
Dr. David Cohen practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Orange, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Milford, CT and Hamden, CT.
See Orange Orthopedic Surgeons.