Dr. David Engler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

July 19th, 2016
Well worth the wait
Outstanding doctor. A little tough to see since he's only in Pasadena on Tuesday afternoons, but well worth the wait. Takes everything into account.

March 22nd, 2015
Awesome doctor
I would recommend Dr David Engler to anyone who has allergies and asthma, he is a very knowledgeable doctor who care about his patients. His staff is awesome, especially Lexy, I love the fact that they can make patients laugh. Very light office enviornment, and with people that have chronic diseases positive attitudes and smiles do make a huge difference. I go to the fannin location, love them.

September 11th, 2014
Awesome allergist!
awesome doctor. Actually sat down and talked to me about what to do and it worked!

December 1st, 2011
The hives are finally gone
I have seen 4 board-certified allergists in the Houston area for hives. Not hives that disappear with Claritin or Allegra, but ones that require steroids or cortisone to control. I had been on such strong antihistamins that I was always tired, and put on 35 pounds from prednisone. Dr. Engler spent like an hour with me, went through all the previous doctor lab tests and said it was probably time to try the alternate meds that you only get from a med school or academic doctor. He fought with my insurance company to get it approved, and the hives were gone by the next month. His staff is very nice--you can tell they love their job and their boss.

February 2nd, 2011
Excellent allergist. Listens and pays attention when you talk. Discusses pro's and con's of each treatment with you.

June 4th, 2009
stacey
very nice and professional staff, was able to get information on my insurance and prompt answers from staff

May 24th, 2009
Finally. I'm not coughing anymore
It took a few weeks to get in to see Dr. Engler. He is handicapped with a bad back or arthritis, so he only works part time. But he spent an hour with me after his nurses worked me up. He explained what that spirometry test was and how I didn't have asthma. Then he explained the difference between a "Diagnosis" and a "Differential Diagnosis"; the latter is when the doctor doesn't know exactly what causes your cough, but there are a lot of possibilities. So he listed the various possibilities and explained how we could evaluate and eliminate each one. I didn't understand everything, but I took 3 medicines a day for 2 weeks,and the cough got better. I went through the "RUSH" allergy shot program and built my allergy shot dose up in one day! Now I'm just taking one medication per day, and I get my allergy shots once a month!! And, I'm not coughing anymore. I'm smiling...