Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Internist
4600 Fairmont Pkwy
Ste 107
Pasadena, TX 77504
281-991-6750
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

|  money  |  show details
by eddy garza on Apr 29th, 2013

Overpriced

|  The hives are finally gone  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I have seen 4 board-certified allergists in the Houston area for hives. Not hives that disappear with Claritin or Allegra, but ones that require steroids or cortisone to control. I had been on such strong antihistamins that I was always tired, and put on 35 pounds from prednisone. Dr. Engler spent like an hour with me, went through all the previous doctor lab tests and said it was probably time to try the alternate meds that you only get from a med school or academic doctor. He fought with my insurance company to get it approved, and the hives were gone by the next month. His staff is very nice--you can tell they love their job and their boss.

|  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

Excellent allergist. Listens and pays attention when you talk. Discusses pro's and con's of each treatment with you.

|  stacey  |  show details
by stacey on Jun 4th, 2009

very nice and professional staff, was able to get information on my insurance and prompt answers from staff

|  Finally. I'm not coughing anymore  |  show details
by I couldn't stop coughing...now I'm better on May 24th, 2009

It took a few weeks to get in to see Dr. Engler. He is handicapped with a bad back or arthritis, so he only works part time. But he spent an hour with me after his nurses worked me up. He explained what that spirometry test was and how I didn't have asthma. Then he explained the difference between a "Diagnosis" and a "Differential Diagnosis"; the latter is when the doctor doesn't know exactly what causes your cough, but there are a lot of possibilities. So he listed the various possibilities and explained how we could evaluate and eliminate each one. I didn't understand everything, but I took 3 medicines a day for 2 weeks,and the cough got better. I went through the "RUSH" allergy shot program and built my allergy shot dose up in one day! Now I'm just taking one medication per day, and I get my allergy shots once a month!! And, I'm not coughing anymore. I'm smiling...