inactive

David B Lautz Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

May 11th, 2016
Do not get a revision from Dr. Lautz
He fixed my hiatal hernia and re did my old gastric bypass that Dr Giser ( I lost over 100lb with dr giser) had done in 2006. I did not lose weight instead I have gained 60lbs. After the surgery I explained how my sugars were off, I suffer from hypoglycemia, Dr. lautz was upset the nurses did not tell him (shouldn't he look in my chart?). I had an endoscopy because I was having a hard time swallowing, and I have widening of my esophagus now and I have been diagnosed with Barrett's disease. after my endoscopy dr. lautz dropped me as a patient.

March 22nd, 2016
Excellent surgeon
He performed my vertical sleeve gastrectomy several months ago. I picked him after looking for the best, most experienced bariatric surgeons affiliated with the HMS hospitals. He was at the Brigham for many years before he came to Emerson Hospital to direct the bariatric surgery program there. He inspired my faith in him as he is both an academic and a very experienced bariatric surgeon with over 2500 procedures done to date. His answers to questions are informed by the latest research, which he obviously knows well. He displays his intelligence with modesty, and presents as one with true compassion for his obese patients. If you need the bypass or sleeve gastrectomy, he's a wise choice.

June 5th, 2015
I had gastric bypass exactly a year ago today. I couldn't have picked a better hospital, staff or surgeon. VERY happy :)

October 23rd, 2014
This is the best bariatric surgeon in the world

May 31st, 2012
I would recommend Dr. Lautz wholeheartedly. He is kind, sincere, and compassionate. Most importantly, He is an excellent surgeon - I am three years out from GBS surgery with absolutely no complications. It is rare to find a great surgeon who actually seems to care and like his patients.

May 2nd, 2012
Wasted my time
After all my appointments I was scheduled for a gastric bypass revision. I went to my pre op appointment. Dr. Lautz told me he decided he was not going to do the surgery. Why did he have me go to all the appointments and schedule the surgery and then a week before the surgery he has me come to my pre op appointment and then tells me No surgery. I end up wasting over a year of my life, pay for parking, pay for gas and no surgery. He doesn't lose because he gets paid for his time. He barely spoke two words to me and I think he's a thoughtless doctor.

September 7th, 2011
dr lautz is a fenominal doctor. empathetic,great bedside manner,very professional, very smart and knowledgeable, answers all your questions honestly and is just a wonderful doctor!!

August 14th, 2011
5 Star Surgeon - Compassionate, Caring & Respectful
I've had Dr Lautz for 3 surgeries - Gallbladder, Gastric Bypass & most recently to fix adhesions. After being overweight for so long, thinking I wouldn't make it to see my children and grandchildren grow up, I asked around the Hospital Network for the absolute best Surgeon and Hospital to have my surgery. I was told by many that Brigham & Women's and Dr Lautz was the best & safest place to be. He was kind, caring, understanding and respectful of me being so embarrassed about by weight. He stood by me to reassure me that I would be fine and to not worry. When I did have a few complications, he saw me right away, had his Asst Eileen take me to the Emergency Dept, followed up and when I did need additional surgery, he scheduled it immediately and reassured my fears. He is very kind, soft spoken, good sense of humor and has a nice/warm smile and demeanor! I am reassured every day that he is my surgeon and know he is only a phone call or 30 minute drive away!!!Thank you Dr Lautz! Thank you Eileen & your staff!

July 1st, 2011
Dr Lautz Saved My Life...
Dr Lautz is amazing. May 2009 He saved my life and operated on me to have Gastric Bypass when other doctors were not interested because of my size. I had to move away too soon after my surgery due to personal reasons, and I was able to call them any time if I had a problem and they were VERY proactive about my health issues, still are today. A year after my surgery I had been in and out of the hospital here in NC, and no one would help me, I went back to Dr lautz, within 24 hours of being in his care he was able to see that my Gallbladder was bad. I was sick, directly after him fixing and removing my bad gallbladder - I was 100% better. This man is a gift from GOD! Everyone I know that has had him help them with their Health, he has done an amazing job. I say his hand is guided by God. Dr Lautz is my Angel, and there is no other words for it. I have lost over 230 pounds total and I am a new me. I no longer dwell on not living and spending my life ashamed. Now I am happy, soon to be married, planning a family - I have had so many blessings in the last 2 1/2 years I would have never gotten if it wasnt for this man. You are a blessed person to get into see him. ALSO - his bedside manners is amazing. He will see you every single day you are in there with him... he will spend as much time as needed to educate you ... He is a life saver. I am a blessed woman, thanks to him.

July 8th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Lautz is a wonderful doctor. You have to wait a long time in the waiting room but once you see him it is well worth the wait. I feel fortunate because my situation was critical that I did not have to wait six months for the new patient appointment as is the norm, and I did not have to wait months for surgery, he got me a surgery date immediately. He is wonderful, answers all your questions and am so glad I found him!

March 9th, 2010
Dr. Lautz is #1 in my book!!!
Dr. Lautz corrected a botched RNY bypass I had done at another facility, after just doing 2 simple tests, he figured out the problem and had me on his surgery schedule. I'm so thankful to have found him, and now go to him for all my bariatric follow up care. Thank you once again Dr. Lautz.

July 19th, 2009
Dr. Lautz is the best
Dr. Lautz and his staff are tops in my book. The only reason for the long wait during visits is because Dr. Lautz always takes the time necessary to answer any questions a patient may have.