A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Nelson is Excellent. Dr. Nelson has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 0 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Nelson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Cataract Surgery and Glaucoma.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 13 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset
- Mercy Medical Center at Rockville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. David Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David B. Nelson practice?
Dr. David Nelson practices Ophthalmology near Rockville Centre, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Westbury, NY and Lynbrook, NY.
See Rockville Centre Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Dave Nelson, Dr. Davis Nelson, Dr. Dewey Nelson