Neurologists
4302 W Broward Blvd
Ste 800
Plantation, FL 33317
954-587-4300
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient oriented  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2014

I scheduled an appointment in two days and a follow-up procedure one week from that appointment. Dr. Ross was on-time and spent as much time as I needed. He has a dry of sense of humor and I really enjoyed him. He wasn't overzealous in his diagnostic approach. Unlike other neurologists, he didn't take a shotgun approach and order an MRI, lab work and other tests. He offered an EMG but didn't push it on me. I elected to have the procedure and it was relatively painless. I was somewhat apprehensive hearing that an EMG can be quite painful. I would recommend him.

|  Dr Ross is the best!  |  show details
by Jane A. Patient on Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Ross really really cares about his patients.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by Mercy H. on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Ross is a top of the line doctor. He was very knowledgeable with a great beside manner. He took his time with me, answered all my questions, and went beyond the call of duty. I would highly recommend him if you are seeking a friendly, intelligent physician who isn't looking to just make money.

|  Ms.  |  show details
by M.W. Heller on Feb 9th, 2014

Dr. David B. Ross is the one of the finest doctors I have known. I am so fortunate to be his patient. He has provided life-saving treatments for me. With a frozen shoulder, I suffered a great deal of pain and loss of movement. Another physician suggested numerous times that the only treatment would be replacement of my shoulder. Not only unsuccessful in many cases, only an easing of pain might result. Motion would remain the same. I would have very little motion. Dr. Ross examined me and advised that tight muscles were causative in this situation and that mild therapy over a period of time would would be the best treatment for me- the pain, he advised would decrease and movement would increase. I now have a shoulder with little pain and full movement capabilities. I followed Dr. Ross's advice. In the case of my hip, again a replacement was suggested. Dr. Ross examined me and found the situation to be tendonitis and suggested that I need to let go of the other physicians suggestion that I should have agonizing pain with bone rubbing bone. I never had pain before and upon the suggestion, I had pain. After Dr. Ross examined me and advised letting go of that notion, I did so, I have no hip pain at all and am walking far better than I have for years. The same occurred with a suggested colonoscopy for loss of red blood cell issues. "Cancer"? Dr. Ross explained that red blood cells can decrease if the body does not consume iron. The body does not replenish iron; it must be consumed. I did not have the colonoscopy and have not heard that I had cancer as was suspected so guess I am okay. Three cases in which life threatening procedures were advised by others and then later explained to be hazardous and unnecessary by Dr. Ross. Alternative measures were provided and they worked. I am so healthy now, It is wonderful. All because I listened to my wonderful doctor, Dr. David B. Ross. Thank you Dr. Ross, Thank you so, so, so much. Marjorie

Oct 19th, 2012

Going to Dr. Ross was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. This man was extremely rude and very uncaring. Did not want to hear what I had to say and any answers I gave to his questions, I was wrong and he was right. I went looking for answers to my problem and now have more questions and scared to go to anyone else for fear of running into the same kind of doctor. I have never met a doctor's office staff that was as disorganized as they are at this office. My appointment time changed three times and if they had not called to confirm or ask if I could come in earlier, I would have never known it changed! I recommend staying away from this doctor and finding someone else.

Jul 24th, 2012

He listens, but doesn't seem to take to hear what you say....as he does not elaborate on your answers...only elaborates on what he thinks. VERY POOR LISTENER. He gets to be heard, but you are barely listened to. He does seem to be confident in HIS diagnosis, without seeming to be listening to what all you are trying to tell him. He does a lot of talking, but does not allow much input from you. Only wants you to answer his questions, but doesn't SEEM to pay attention to what you are saying. Never says when you lv., do you have any questions. In the middle of talking with him, the next thing he does is walk you to the front of the office to lv. Feel rushed and in need of questions answered...but not given the opportunity. I feel that behavior is very rude an uncaring. Maybe I am wrong, but that is how he makes me feel. You don't know your appointment is about to be over so you can say what you really want to tell him. You know it is over when he walks to the front of the office as he is still talking to you. Then what! You're done and too bad. In my exit interview, I had 4 issues to address with him. We only covered the first as he took up all the time addressing that; leaving me with no time to discuss my other concerns. He seems very intelligent, but needs listening and people skills. I would not recommend him to another, regardless of how smart he is. I need to feel listened to and cared about. He does seem to make a quick diagnosis from the beginning without hearing you out. Just as someone said in another review above. He does not like to listen to your details that you think are important to his diagnosis...that really angered me, but I said nothing about it out of respect for him. I have to wonder if he is trying to get people in and out fast for monetary reasons. Does not discuss fully follow up care so you have a good understanding of what you need to do. Also, why does he work on another's medical info on the computer while you sit there waiting for his attention. Am I being charged for the FULL time I get in and out of his office, when I am not getting his full attention. Maybe I'm not being charged, but how do I know that.

|  Full of himself  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

This doctor decides on his diagnosis before you finish explaining your symptoms and then explains that he has a degree from Harvard. He will say that you must listen then agree or disagree, but will not listen to you at all.

May 9th, 2011

Very knowledgeable and professional. Very attentive staff.

|  excellent experience with this doctor  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2009

He is a no nonsense type of doctor, but was caring and knowledgeable on my visit. He can tout his accomplishments, but if you look at them, he is just the sort of guy you want caring for you if you have this type of issue. I am very picky, as i am an RN, and after seeing this doc wouldn't go to anyone else.

|  Negative Experience  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2009

Constantly referred to himself and his family. Very arrogant approach and over inflated ego. After spending less than thirty minutes an evaluation was made and no guidance as to next steps was offered other than "come back in thirty days". Very negative experience with the Doctor.