Dr. David Wait MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 25th, 2016
Good Doctor
Dr. Wait has been a good choice for me. I was seeing another doctor for seven years, and for insurance reasons had to leave him. Dr. Wait is one of the few in the area that accepts Medicare, but that aside, he has been attentive and supportive. Yes, he is direct and to the point. Med management is the main reason I go to him, but at the same time, I have a good relationship with him. If you are looking for someone to poor your heart out too, find a Therapist, not a Psychiatrist.

August 3rd, 2015
Big Fat Zero
Worst doctor I have ever been to. He was rude from the first visit. I toughed it out for more than a year and got worse. I've seen many doctors in my years (I'm not young), but never has a doctor made me feel so bad about myself or tried to waste so much money.

April 20th, 2015
Awful
Dr Wait hasn't been helpful in my treatment at all. In the beginning I believed him to be helpful but as our treatment continued to be less and less helpful. I felt he did not listen to me or take my concerns seriously. I will not recommend him and now have a psychiatrist that actually listens to me and my recovery is finally getting somewhere.

September 29th, 2014
I won't go back!
I have been a patient of Dr Wait for at least 10 years. I didn't choose him and wouldn't recommend him. When my psychiatrist died they gave my files to him and I never felt that he was actually interested in helping me. It was all about finding medication and he has prescribed at least 10 different ones. I have found that he is concern about just giving you medication and not telling you about other options. He's very smug in his approach and doesn't really seem to listen or later it seems to be more about how many appointments he can get. The last straw was when I went to see him...desperately seeking help. It was obvious that I was severely depressed. But he looked on the computer and gave me a 9 question screening that anyone could do...and then said "yep..you're depressed". that was the final straw I'm looking for someone else.

June 1st, 2013
Excellent psychiatist
Dr. Wait was professional, pleasant, and took the time to carefully explain my options for treatment. He really cares.

January 12th, 2017