Dr. David Bacastow Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. David Bacastow?

from bad to worse

Posted on May 18th, 2017

Dr. Bacastow did an arthroplasty on my knee. My knee was just bad before the surgery and quickly turned to worse. If you have any post-op problems...good luck...because you'll definitely need it! Oh, and also expect to wait in his office for over a hour in the exam room before he decides to show his face! No respect for the time of others.

Posted on November 10th, 2015

Condescending attitude. Did not like for me to ask questions. Did not thoroughly explain my diagnosis. I went elsewhere and got a better explanation. It was worth the additional money to find someone who would take the time to answer my questions and treat me like a human being.

Carefully considered approach

Posted on October 26th, 2015

I am a professional pianist and taught piano at the university level for 40 years. During the last 6 or 7 years, I've been seen by Dr. Bacastow for a frozen right shoulder and a partial (c. 25%) tear in the left rotator cuff. The physical therapy approach recommended to me worked very well in both cases. The frozen shoulder has remained symptom free for several years. After several years of treating the rotator cuff with physical therapy, Dr. Bacastow operated on my rotator cuff in May 2015. I was in a sling for 4 days. Range of motion in the shoulder improved very quickly. My prognosis is good IF I keep doing the required physical therapy exercises. My piano playing was never negatively affected with the physical therapy or the surgery. I have great confidence in Dr. Bacastow's ability.

Thoughtful, detail oriented doctor

Posted on October 14th, 2011

Dr. Bacastow replaced my knees after several years of exhausting all other possibilities. He always spends time patiently answering my questions. His bedside manner is excellent. He is particular and detail oriented; something a patient should want in a joint replacement surgeon

5 surgeries later...cant recommend highly enough

Posted on January 4th, 2011

I had Dr Bacastow for my torn labrum (shoulder), 3 elbow (each side needed repair), and quad tendon rupture. Cant say enough about his professionalism, knowledge and expertise. He diagnosed my torn quad tendon in 10 seconds simply by palpating it! My primary physician said he is the best in Athens and many doctor's use him. Cant recommend highly enough--plus Turk (his primary nurse) is amazing!

Retired Chemist

Posted on September 10th, 2010

Dr. Bacastow is an OUTSTANDING doctor! He has performed surgery on both of my shoulders. He did such a good job neither shoulder required outside therapy, only home therapy. He has been my Orthopedic doctor for over 12 years. He is VERY meticulous in EVERYTHING he does. He keeps amazing records, when I saw him once and returned a few years later, the notes he had made about me were unbelievably accurate, it as though he remembered everything from all of my visits in graphic detail. The time you wait in his office varies with the number of patients and his emergencies. He has performed two surgeries in the past year on my husband and both have been absolutely GREAT! We both have NO complaints about him at all. We have only praise for his attention to detail, precious bedside manor, close personal care and attention that he has given both of us throughout the years. We would HIGHLY recommend him for ANYONE in need of Orthopedic Care!

Posted on October 20th, 2017