Dr. David Bailie MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 22nd, 2016
Fantastic shoulder doc
I met Dr. Bailie after undergoing a traumatic injury during a game at the Diamondbacks baseball fantasy camp. I slipped in the wet outfield and totally blew my shoulder out of the socket. The Dr’s diagnosis: fractured arm bone, torn biceps muscle, torn labrum, and totally shredded rotator cuff. I’m a practicing dentist and an active athlete in my young 60’s, and this news was devastating. Dr. Bailie was reassuring and said he could get me back to full function, but it would take 8-9 months. After a month of physical therapy at his great facility, I underwent the reconstructive surgery. Everything was well explained and organized at the surgicenter, the surgery went smoothly, and my post-op pain was well-controlled and short-lived. By the next day, I was on plain Tylenol only. He allowed me to go back to work within days (fortunately it was my non-dominant shoulder) and with hard work and great PT I was back to sports in under 6 months. I even went back to fantasy camp 11 months after surgery, batted .500 with 3 doubles, and as I told Dr. Bailie, the only thing that didn’t hurt after 6 grueling days of baseball was my repaired shoulder! Dr. Bailie has a great bedside manner to go with his remarkable skills – I would recommend him highly to anyone I know.

June 17th, 2016
I am so grateful for doctors like Dr. Bailie, who recently did a shoulder replacement on me. I have never had a better medical/surgical experience. 7 weeks out and my shoulder is pain free and has wonderful range of motion. I really like Dr. Bailie personally and his staff is equally as nice. The most important point is, however, that Dr. Bailie is truly gifted and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Believe it or not, I am looking forward to having my other shoulder replaced. Who looks forward to surgery for heaven's sake!

June 4th, 2016
Great Doctor for Knee, Hip or Shoulder Injuries
I must say, Dr. Bailie and his staff, both at his office and the surgical center were very professional, helpful (offering their personal cell phone numbers for afterhours assistance) and made this process enjoyable and easy! I strong recommend anyone needing a Knee, Hip or Shoulder surgery to go see Dr. Bailie. Thanks Dr. Bailie.

May 19th, 2016
Did both my shoulder replacements and I am 5 years into it and still working incredibly well.

January 16th, 2016
Longer wait than expected but lived up to his reputation and gave me all the time I needed. Redid surgery someone else had not done correctly and finally back to normal. Well worth the wait!! Thank you!!

October 28th, 2015
Great results, from a great doctor and staff.
Major Double rotator cuff tears, Labrum, and Bicep...phenomenal results, no lingering pain, and my shoulders are better than I can ever recall.

October 22nd, 2015
Horrible doctor. Waste of time and money. Wrong diagnosis.

October 12th, 2015
Great surgeon, excellent.

October 10th, 2015
Honest, caring , knowledgeable, and a great bedside manner. Dr Bailie will do everything in his power to make your problem better and get you back to doing what you love. He is gifted with great surgical hands and a wonderful caring personality!

September 22nd, 2015
The 4th doc I saw and chose him to do the surgery- no question. Was referred by many friends and actually several of the other surgeons

September 20th, 2015
Torn Meniscus
I had two knee surgeries with Dr. Bailie about two years apart. My first surgery was for a torn meniscus in my left knee which I damaged while running. Since I had a ski trip planned, I was anxious to get the surgery done so that I would have enough time to heal before the trip. Dr. Bailie did a great job of working me into his schedule and repaired my knee arthroscopically. Less than five weeks later I went on my ski trip with no pain and full flexibility in my knee. Two years later, I tore the meniscus in my other knee and again Dr. Bailie repaired the knee arthroscopically. However since he found cartilage damage, Dr. Bailie performed micro-fracture surgery in addition to repairing the meniscus. While the healing process took longer, I was off of crutches in about 4-5 weeks and I started to easy back into light running a few months later. It’s been several years since I had the surgery done, and both of my knees are in great shape and I can run, hike, ski without hesitation or limitations. I would highly recommend Dr. Bailie as an orthopedic surgeon.

September 9th, 2015
I have had the privilege to work with Dr. Bailie for the past six years. He is the consummate professional who puts the patient first. He requires a high standard from his staff and requires everyone to be trained to ensure his patients have the highest level of care. Dr. Bailie has the best technique and quality of work which ensures the best outcome. He has done corrective surgeries on patients who's previous surgeries were inadequate, this speaks volumes about the quality of his practice.